Ch. 6 'Devotion'

***Hey readers! A little something if you guys didn't catch/know is that currently my fan-fiction takes place thousands of years before the actual plot.
Also, I'm trying something new called:

Question of the Chapter: If you could have any colored eye what color would that be?

This was a day Lilith foreshadowed, the day she wished she could prevent, but she can't because this was an event that was bound to happen.

Full of pride, and wanting to show that he could surpass his brother, Shin decided to initiate a dispute with members of the Vibora Clan and in the process killed them, without considering the consequences of his actions.

In order to prevent a crisis of war, Carla had an audience with the Vibora King before Giesbach could and begged the Vibora King for forgiveness. Shin saw Carla, his idol, begging for forgiveness and couldn't endure this humiliation.

To appease the Vibora King Carla was about to sacrifice Shin's left eye. But Shin would rather die than sacrifice for an inferior race.

Lilith watches everything happen through her crystal ball. She couldn't prevent Shin from fighting because it was something that fate was determined to happen, and she couldn't present herself to protect Shin either.

Because it would show her favoritism towards him and that would throw off the balance of respect. Demons would begin to take sides, and eventually even try to challenge Lilith's position because of her favoritism that shows her weakness.

But, she couldn't stand by and watch the boys she raised suffer.

Time froze, Lilith teleported before Carla who was holding the white flamed sword over Shin who was bound with enchanted chains.

The white flamed sword was a weapon that would inflict injuries that demons could never heal from.

Lilith removed the sword from his hand and time moved after she left clones behind to continue the scene and teleported the three of them to her castle.

At first Carla and Shin were shocked and confused with the change of locations, but then realized that Lilith had stepped in.

Shin's face darkens and he glares hatefully at Carla, "Nii-San would've done it! Nii-San would've sacrificed my eye! How could you! For insignificant bugs?! Aren't I your brother?!" He had a face of deep hurt and betrayal.

Carla didn't have much to say except, "I only did what I had to do."

Though he didn't show it, he felt relieved and at the same time extremely guilty.

With overwhelming emotions of hate, blame, and humiliation Shin wanted to smash everything around him, but didn't want to hurt or show Lilith a horrible side of him.
So, he teleported elsewhere before he went on a destructive rampage.

Lilith's only hope is that Shin can remember her words, and won't hold a big grudge against Carla.

Golden eyes full of sadness and guilt watched the spot Shin was before he left.

Carla blamed himself because his neglect towards Shin led him to create a crisis. Had he really sacrificed Shin's eye, he wouldn't know how to face Shin anymore. Especially as his brother.

Warm and soft hands guided Carla's body towards a familiar embrace. Lilith caressed his hair. She soothed Carla's mood. His arms wrapped around her waist, he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

Being neglected by his father, Carla grew up independent even if he was given care from his mother, it never did much to help him.

Alone and intelligent, Carla was sensitive to everything around him. From a very young age he had the mindset of a true ruler.