Ch. 3 'Be strong'

It's been a long morning, Lilith was getting bored of staying in.
Carla and Shin weren't going to visit her for a while, so she thought why not go out? Putting on a cloak she set out.

She teleported herself into the human world. She was near an open-air market and decided to explore.

She saw many, handicrafts, snacks, fresh vegetables, and fruits. One particular stall made her stop in her tracks.
Displayed was a jar full of colorful stars.

"Yo! Ojou-San, are you interested in anything you see." The vendor called out to her.

Lilith was quite interested in the jar of colorful stars

"Sir, what is this?" Lilith pointed to the jar of colorful stars.

"Ah, these are called, konpeito. They are candies from the west. Would you like to buy a jar, Ojou-San?" The vendor gave a hearty grin.

"Yes please." For Carla, Shin, and herself to try.

"Coming right up!" The vendor bagged it and handed it to her, and Lilith handed him his money.

Lilith in an alley where no one could see her transported back to the demon realm.
She still had a lot of time before Carla and Shin came over, so she went to check up on the demon clans.

Upon secretly entering the Ghoul Clan's premises she heard a racket between children.

"You outsider!"
"You think you're better than us?!"
"Disappear!"
"Die!"

Punches and kicks were given to a seven or eight-year-old boy on the ground. When the group of ghoulettes finally had their fill to vent they left.

The boy on the ground looked up into the sky with his empty eyes.

He was on the verge of becoming broke. Lilith felt a bad premonition.
As if he was a great importance to the future. Something within her told her to prevent his darkening.
She stepped out of the shadows and held the boy in her arms. The boy had no energy or strength the fight her off. He looked at her, confused.

"Pain, pain, fly away." She kissed the top of his head as she rubbed his back softly.

"Wh... Who are you?" The boy asked weakly.

A stranger coming out of nowhere and just held him and kissed him. It was just as shocking and weird as it was.

However.

Her touch was foreign but comforting and warm. It brought him on the verge of tears.

"My name is Lilith. What's yours?" Her gentle voice soothed his soul and her rosy scent calmed his tense muscles.

"... Kino..."

"That's a wonderful name. I love the name Kino."

The sound of his name rolling off her tongue sounded pleasant to him. Warmth filled his chest.

'She likes my name' Kino thought feeling a strangely warm feeling in his chest.

It was strange, she appeared right at the time when he believed that everything was hopeless. No one will accept him unless he makes them fear him.

She accepted him... did she? What if this was a trap? A setup?

"It hurts, doesn't it? When they discriminate you cruely."

Kino was nearly healed. He changed their positions and held Lilith's neck.
Lilith could've avoided it, but she didn't, or else his trust in her would have been gone.

"Who are you really?! Who sent you?! What is your goal?!" Insecure, Kino tightens his hold on Lilith.

Lilith doesn't say anything, she looks at him with a tender gaze. Kino looked right at her beautiful sapphire eyes. He saw her care for him, and his weak self reflected in her eyes.