Chapter Eleven: Security

Jennifer Fury knew a lot about Sam Alexander in their first mouth month of dating. He loved movie marathons, cooking, laying on her legs at the most inconvenient times, and just spending time with her. Everything was good between the pair, they were practically inseparable.

The team had all been able to hang out again at Aunt May's, and by now, Sam and Jenny were a package deal. That was fine with everyone, Jenny had always treated everyone nicely, and she got along great with them, especially Danny.

The two got along very well, to the happiness and displeasure if Sam. On one hand, Danny was his close friend, he was glad his girlfriend liked him so much. On the other, Sam didn't like how he felt threatened by Danny.

"Your water bending is truly a beautiful gift, Jennifer, you should use it more often." Danny watched as Jenny took her bottled water and turned it into different shapes.

Jenny smiled, "Thanks. I love using water bending, its so free and versatile. I can change the forms of water, like ice or steam, and I can even bend lots of different liquids. Watch!"

The short girl focused on the bottle of green tea he was holding and turned the tea inside into a dragon shape.

"That's amazing." Danny complimented. "You're clearly very talented."

Sam, as he played video games, listened as hide blond friend buttered up his girlfriend. His posture slouched for a minute as he got annoyed and gripped the controller tighter.

Jenny nodded modestly, "Thanks, I like to see what I can do with my powers. But tell me about your powers, I've always been an Iron Fist fan. Its impressive how you stay so focused, how do you do it?"

Sam almost crashed in the game in a small huff, trying to concentrate on what he was doing. It was hard for him though, to hear Jenny getting showered in praise from Danny, and harder to hear her give it back to him.

"Well I stay under control and try to keep as calm as possible with my powers. Music is always a good place to start, I could recommend you some-,"

Sam was tired of listening to them talk now, "Jenny!"

"Yes Sam?" Jennifer turned to him.

"I love you!" Sam yelled, pausing the game.

Fuck. Great going Alexander, Danny calls her amazing and tells her she has a beautiful gift, you shout that you love her. Why did I just do that? She's probably so weirded out now.

Everyone went quiet for a moment and waited for Jenny to respond. She smiled back at him, like this was completely normal, "I love you too Sam."

Thank God. Sam nodded, trying not to smile as big as he normally would. "Who doesn't?"

Jennifer went back to her conversation with Danny and for the moment Sam was content.

Peter walked down the steps, "Hey guys!" He walked over to the table where Jenny and Danny were.

"Hi Peter, check this out." Jenny then started morphing her water into a spider and made it look as if it was crawling around.

"Woah, thats so cool!" Peter complimented, "Your powers are so cool, ever considered joining S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

Jenny shook her head, "I thought about it when I was little, but its not for me. I'd rather just do my own thing."

Peter looked confused, "But-,"

"Its really cool what you guys do though, and I do think you do a great job as Spiderman-,"

"Jenny!" Sam called again, interrupting her. Why do I keep doing this to myself?