CHAPTER VII

Many children were always excited to receive their Hogwarts letter, El however wasn't

Many children were always excited to receive their Hogwarts letter, El however wasn't. She sat staring at her book list in sadness of leaving her old life behind. Deciding to enjoy her last week at home, the girl threw her up in half a pony tail and left her room.

As El wandered, she came across Harry Potter, looking a little worst for wear.

"You okay there."

"Yeah I'm fine." He answered, a little to quickly.

"I heard Ron was prefect," she said, trying to change the subject but it seemed to anger him more.

"It's okay, to be a little envious, I would if I were you." She smiled as she led him into her room. Harry had never seen it but it seems almost angelic. There were kind white drapes surrounding her bed and light piano at the end of the room. She still had a desk cluttered with papers.

"I'm not, envious."

El simply looked at him as if to say, I'm not buying it.

"It's just, I would've thought that Dumbledore would choose me. After all I've done, not that Ron hasn't it's..." he trailed off, running his hand through his hair, "I almost feel like I disappointed my mum, she was prefect and both my parents were Head Boy and Girl."

"I think Dumbledore chose Ron because you have too much."

"What do you mean."

"Well, you've got newspapers slandering you and Voldemort after you and OWLS. It seems unfair that you would have to patrol corridors too. He probably wants to give you a break." She concluded as Harry seemed to understand her point of view.

"I get where you're coming from,"

"Do you want to help me make a cake, for Hermione?" She interrupted as Harry nodded.

Just a short filler chapter, feel free to leave comments, I love getting opinions and ideas.