CHAPTER XVIII

El was excited

El was excited. She had been getting ready for Christmas for the past month and now she was finally being allowed to floo into her childhood home.

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place." She said clearly, not wanting to end up in her muggle neighbor's fireplace.

She arrived in a puff of smoke in the old dining room and it was surprisingly quiet. The room was decked out in cranberries and popcorn, with a tall green tree in the corner of the room.

El and Regulus would usually have a tree in the sitting room, so they could open presents by an actually clean fireplace.

The room was eery as nobody made any sounds, it was clear somebody had been in the room but they were obviously gone now.

With a small huff, El grabbed her trunk as she made her way to hauling up the rickety stairs of the narrow house.

She passed her grandmother's portrait, which had now been covered up much to Walburga's despair.
El tried to be as quiet as possible as she finally made it to her light bedroom.

It was covering in Christmas decorations but not in the messy way that Dining room was. This room had fake icicles hanging off her four poster bed and fake snow on window ledges. It had a small white tree on top of her dresser and new blue bunting a rounding her room.

This was the work of Regulus Black.

As if on cue, the man knocked twice on the door quietly before twisting the brass doorknob.

Celeste whirled around to see her favorite person in the world with a grin on his face at El's awe struck expression.

She jumped into his warm arms as El finally was at the safest place she knew.

"Hey Ellie, you missed me?" He teased as the teen stayed buried in his shoulder.

"Course I missed you." She managed to say back, though it was muffled my Reg's fitted black sweater.

When El finally pulled back she noticed how much her uncle had changed. His cheeks had lost a little color and his hair a bit messier, though his eye's had dark bags under them that showed his exhaustion.

"When was the last time you slept Reg." She scolded lightly as he smiled sheepishly.

He couldn't get anything past his niece.

"Last night." He half lied.

"For what, an hour." El called out as Regulus grimaced at the ugly truth.

Needless to say, Regulus was forced to take a nap whilst El unpacked.

Just a bit of El and Reg time because I love their relationship.