CHAPTER XXIV

1979

1979

They had hurt her son. It was a warm summer afternoon in London when Walburga Black's youngest son fell through her front door.

She ran to Regulus when she saw the building pile of blood surrounding him and knelt beside him.

"Regulus! Regulus where are you hurt?" She frantically looked for the bleeding when she found a long gash trailing down his arm.

With no hesitation, she started performing as many healing spells that she could remember from her school years.

~~~••~~~
"The Dark Lord sent you on this mission?" Walburga inquired as Regulus shook his head from his bed a week after the incident.

"Mother, he isn't what you think. He doesn't want peace he wants dictatorship." Regulus shook his head as his mother started to pace opposite him.

"What will I do? What will I do? What will I do?" She muttered to herself as Regulus grew increasingly concerned.

"Mother?"

She snapped her neck to see her son looking at her with pleading eyes.

"Was Sirius right to join Dumbledore?"

"No." Her answer was immediate as Regulus frowned.

"Sirius was foolish and followed that Potter boy. Sirius has taken the easy path to save the Wizarding World. We mustn't be foolish darling." Walburga said in a quiet voice but Regulus caught every word.

"We have no options mother! The Dark Lord will kill me for betrayal!"

"He cannot kill a dead man." Walburga whispered as Regulus' eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Everybody must believe you have died. With your father's recent passing not many will want to disturb me, therefore nobody will find out the truth."

"We have to be dead men my son."

~~~••~~~
1980

"Mother! Helena sent a letter!"

Everybody had believed the tragic passing of Regulus Black as the Pureblood community had sent letters of apologies.

Walburga used them to light the fire.

Walburga ripped open the letter as her eyes widened in shock.

"Sirius is having a baby." She gasped as Regulus sat down in shock.

"She'll born in the middle of a war." Regulus frowned as Walburga shook her head.

"No, this baby will have peace. She will be free. Libera debet esse. She cannot be like you and Sirius. There must be a middle ground, there must be safety for children who will be orphans of a war caused by two power hunger men."

"They must be Liber, and we are going to make sure that will happen."

Just to confirm:

-Regulus is alive.
-Walburga faked his death so Voldemort wouldn't kill him.