CHAPTER XVI

Snow settled at Hogwarts as El started preparing for her exams

Snow settled at Hogwarts as El started preparing for her exams. She had formed a small study group with her friends and was constantly seen with flash cards in her hands.

The five friends were nearly always together as El settled into Slytherin and Gryffindor. She'd attempted to stay in Hufflepuff and Gryffindor but they simply didn't work together.

The incident (as a Theo called it) with Harry became a distant memory as she lost contact to what was known as the golden trio.

Now, El strolled the corridors with her Walkman plugged in as she danced down the halls. Regulus had put a protective charm over it so it wouldn't be fried to pieces.

To anybody looking in they would see a teenage girl with her long brown hair swaying in her ponytail. Her ocean eyes were dancing across the halls as she hummed to Elvis Presley.

El didn't expect to see a girl with dark hair and an upturned nose sniffling in the hallways. The girls eyebrows were furrowed as she kept on wiping her eyes to get rid of the oncoming tears.

Celeste quietly walked to sit beside her on the dusty floor.

Taking her headphones off, she turned to the teen and quietly said, "Are you alright?"

The girl seemed startled as she gasped and turned to see the teen that most the school seemed entranced with.

"I'm fine." She snapped but the tell tale tears still ran down her pink cheeks.

"I don't thing you are,"El whispered, "People say telling your problems to strangers are easier."

"It's stupid really and I haven't got a clue who you are." The girl huffed.

"I'm Celeste but you can call be El." She persisted.

"It's my mother." The girl whispered.

"What about her?"

"She wants me to marry Adrian Pucey." The girl spat.

"Oh." El responded, blinking her eyes.

"I know right." The dark haired girl said.

"Do you have to?" El asked with worry in her voice.

"It's my mother. I can't disobey her, she'll disown me and I'll lose everything. Adrian isn't that bad anyway." The girl said trying to convince herself.

"You should love him though." El whispered.

"That's life. There is no love. No kindness. No handouts. I've got to deal the cards I've got." The teen answered.

"I don't want to believe that. I think that people can find love and people can be kind." El said aloud.

"And you will not marry a person you don't want to."
El announced.

The girl looked at her incredulously as she said, "You're just a kid, like me. We have no power here."

"I've got a plan."

"Pansy."

"What?" El asked.

"My name is Pansy Parkinson."