Chapter XI

Rose met up with Lucia and went over everything they had.

"We should have enough provisions to get us there and back. I've got my spell book and my daggers," Lucia said as she looked from the map up at Rose.

"And I've got my sword as well as some explosives. I also brought some fire starters," Rose replied, patting her backpack that was sat next to her on the bench.

"I think that's everything," Lucia said and she put her books in her own bag.

"Then let's go. The faster we get to the Enchridion, the better." Rose stood up, slinging her backpack over her shoulders.

The two made their way out of Neserdnia and followed the map they had to Enchridion.

🌟

Rose groaned as she pulled herself up over the edge of a cliff. She then turned and helped Lucia over the edge.

"Why did they have to hide the Codex Semper this far away? This is ridiculous! I guess that it's a good thing they didn't keep it in Eden since your brother could use it for whatever he wants, but why so far?" Lucia complained as she collapsed on the ground.

"We're almost there. Once we get the book, then we can go home," Rose replied as she lied down as well.

"What do you plan on doing with the book once you get it?" Lucia asked curiously as she looked over to her friend.

Rose sighed and looked at the stars in the sky. "I want to know if there is a way to get our kingdom back from my brother. Anything to help our people."

"Do you miss him?" Lucia kept her voice soft, knowing it was a sensitive subject.

"I miss what he used to be. If I can get my brother back, I would love that, but I'm afraid he's too far gone," Rose admitted with a frown. "I don't think he'll ever go back to the Dante I grew up with."

"Well, all we can do is try. Come on. Let's get going so we can get that book," Lucia said as she stood up, holding out a hand for Rose.

Rosamund smiled as she took Lucia's hand and got to her feet.

💧

"Fire spirit!" A man called out and Aqua gasped.

"Get back! Everyone!" Yelena ordered as they flames raced in a line towards another tree.

"Head for the river!" Mattias commanded and they all started running.

The fire spirit hopped from tree to tree before going back down to the ground.

Elsa tried blasting ice at the spirit but couldn't get a hit on it.

Aqua stayed by her side and used her magic to try and put out the flames.

Anna was running with Varian before realizing that Elsa wasn't beside her. She turned to see Elsa and Aqua still in the flames.

"Guys! Get out of there! No, no, no!" Anna ran to try and get them.

"Anna! No! They've got this!" Varian tried to stop her, knowing that the two girls were the only ones who could control the situation.

"Elsa!" Anna continued running into the flames. She collapsed into a coughing fit from the smoke and Kristoff gasped.