Chapter X

"Where are you going, mom?" Varian asked curiously as he bounced on his parents' bed. "Can I come? Can I come?"

"I'm going to find a really special book, darling. I would love to take you with me, but then daddy would get super lonely. We can't let that happen, can we?" Rose scooped him up in her arms with a smile.

"Okay. But bring me back something cool! Please!" Varian looked at her with his cherub face.

"Of course, my little star. I'll be back before you know it," Rose assured before she kissed his forehead. "Now, I have to finish packing. Why don't you go practice those experiments from the book I gave you."

"Alright, momma. I love you," Varian said cheerfully and he went to his room excitedly.

Rose smiled as she kept packing for a while. She was gonna miss Varian and Quirin, but she needed to go.

Quirin had helped pack some food for her to take on the journey.

When she was ready to leave, she clutched Varian and Quirin tight.

"I'm gonna miss you both so much. I love you more than anything," Rose said as she held onto them.

"We love you too, momma!" Varian replied as he buried his face in her chest.

"Yes, we do. Be safe. We'll be waiting for you to get back," Quirin said and he pressed his lips to hers.

Rose kissed him back and then pulled back with a smile. "I'll be back in two weeks if everything goes right."

After a very drawn out farewell, Rose left for Neserdnia to meet up with Lucia and start their journey.

The group sped down the trail as they made their way to the enchanted forest.

"Who's into trivia? I am! Okay," Olaf started enthusiastically. "Did you know that water has memory?"

"That's a true fact! I'm the water expert here and I've tested that theory," Aqua confirmed with a smile as she leaned against Varian, stroking Ruddiger's fur.

"Did you know that men are six times more likely to be struck by lightning?" Olaf asked as they passed by the North Mountain.

Aqua and Varian looked at the ice palace in awe.

"So that's the palace you built?" Aqua questioned and Elsa chuckled lightly.

"Yeah. It was the first time I really tested my magic," Elsa admitted.

"It's incredible," Varian murmured and he held in all the questions he was dying to ask Elsa about her magic.

"Did you know that gorillas burp when they're happy?" Olaf continued.

Aqua groaned slightly as she snuggled into Varian's chest.

"Did you know we blink four million times a day?" Olaf said to which Varian perked up.

"Actually, that's a year. We blink over 4 million times a year," Varian corrected and Aqua snorted.

"I'll remember that! Did you know wombats poop squares?" Olaf asked as he looked at everyone.