Chapter XXI

Rosamund paced around in circles, lost in the dark forest.

"How am I supposed to get out of here?" She mumbled to herself as she looked towards the candle she had lit.

She was stuck, wandering in circles and the food she packed limited.

She didn't know how long she would last.

The only thing she could think about was getting home, after finding her daughter.

She had only wanted to find a way home to her family. She was scared amd didn't know what to do.

"Quirin... I'm trying... I'm really trying." Rose murmured as she broke down, crying as she looked around. "I just want to come home. I want to be with you again. I want to see Varian. I want you to meet our baby girl. I want everything to go back to how it was."

She fell to her knees and held herself after dropping her candle.

"I never should've come here. I don't need my kingdom back, I just want my family. I want my babies. I want my husband. I want to go home!"

💧

Aqua looked at the fairy in shock but smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Fawn. My name is Aquaria."

"I'm Varian," the dark haired alchemist introduced with a wave. "This is Ruddiger."

"That is such a cute name for this little guy! So, what are you guys doing in Pixie Hollow? I've never seen you around before and-" Fawn gasped as she looked at their backs. "You've lost you wings?! You poor things!"

"Oh! No, we didn't lose our wings. We never had wings. We aren't fairies," Aqua explained quickly with a smile.

Fawn stopped and stared at the princess curiously. "You aren't fairies?!"

"No. We're humans. I'm the princess of Corona and Varian is the royal alchemist, who also happens to be my boyfriend," Aquaria elaborated as she held Varian's hand happily.

"Humans? They what are you doing here and how did you get so tiny?" Fawn asked curiously.

Varian chuckled lightly as he looked at the bottles they had drank from now on the ground, still their usual size.

"We drank a potion to shrink us because we're looking for a fairy named Tinkerbelle. We were sent here because we were told she could help us find Peter Pan," the alchemist answered and Fawn smiled brightly.

"Well lucky for you, I happen to be great friends with Tink!" Fawn informed as she put her fists on her hips with a grin.

"Do you think you could take us to her?" Aqua requested eagerly.

Fawn laughed a little and nodded. "Of course! Come on!"

💧

Tinkerbelle futzed with the gears of the toy, trying to get it to start up.

She spun the nob and stood back, waiting excitedly for it to start bouncing around.

After a few minutes, she groaned, slumping a bit before stepping towards her project again.

"Hey, if you move the smaller gear up about a centimeter, it should catch and make the larger gear spin. Here, let me show you," a male voice came out of nowhere.