Chapter XV

Dante made his way to his throne room with a stern scowl on his face.

A guard ran up to him quickly as he sat in his throne.

"Well? Any luck?" Dante demanded an answer as he glared at the guard.

The guard dropped to one knee as he bent his head forward. "We have had no sightings or reports on Ulla's location, your majesty. Five of the eight troops you sent out earlier this week have just returned and the other three are on route to arrive any day now."

The kind slammed his fist on the arm of his throne. "Send the troops back out right now! Once the other three return, allow them to restock supplies and then send them back! My sister is still alive and out there somewhere! I will not rest until she's dead or rotting in the dungeon! Get out of my sight!"

"Y-yes, your highness." The guard shot up and scampered out of the throne room.

A little boy pranced in with a bright smile on his face. "Father! Cami found a bunny in the gardens! Can we keep it?!"

Dante groaned as he looked at his son. "How many times do I have to tell you? Pets are a distraction! You are a prince! I will not have a filthy rodent running around my palace!"

"Mother would've let me have a bunny..." Orion whimpered as he looked down.

"Your mother is dead! It doesn't matter what she would or wouldn't have let you do! I'm your father and your king! You do as I tell you, boy! Understand?!"

Orion's eyes filled with tears as he looked down with a nod. "Yes, father..."

"Now clean yourself up! I can't have my son looking like a commoner. You shouldn't be playing with that pathetic little servant anyways," Dante grumbled as he rubbed his temple.

"She's not pathetic! She's beautiful and I love her!" Orion quickly defended his friend.

"What do you know about love?! You're only nine! And I will not allow my son to marry a peasant!" Dante snapped as he glared his son down.

"I know more than you do! You can't tell me that I can't love her!" Orion shouted, tears trickling down his cheeks.

The king stood and marched up to his son. "I am your father and your king! I control you, your life, your future, and everything in between. You may be my son, but if you so much as dare try to tarnish this kingdom by falling in love with a silly little peasant girl, I will not hesitate to end the both of your lives. Do I make myself clear!"

Orion quivered under his father's angry stare. "I understand..."

"Now get out!" Dante pointed to the door and Orion made a dash.

He shut the doors to the throne room and kept running as hot tears streamed down his face.

He ran out to the gardens where his mother was buried and collapsed in front of her headstone.

"I hate him, mom! I hate him! Why did you have to leave me with him?!" Orion sobbed as he curled up on the ground. "It's not fair..."

The young dirty blonde haired girl approached the prince carefully. "Orion?"

He didn't look up, only curling up tighter against his mother's grave.

Camila knelt down beside him and wrapped her arms around him comfortingly.

"He hates me, Cami. I don't know what I ever did to him," Orion choked out as he trembled. "He doesn't want me to be happy."

"I'm really sorry, Ori... I wish there was something I could do..." Camila murmured as she rubbed his back gently.