Chapter IV

Rose ran up to Quirin with a panicked look on her face.

"Rosie? What's wrong?" Quirin quickly drew her into his arms.

"Th-they know, Quirin! My brother is sending his troops here right now!" Rose informed as she hugged him tight.

"What? But how did they find you? I thought I was the only one who knew and I definitely didn't rat you out." Quirin wrapped his arms around her tight.

"I-I don't know, but I have to leave," Rose said and Quirin quickly shook his head.

"No! No, there has to be another way! Please!" Quirin panicked, afraid that he would never get to see her again. "I can't leave my post. I'll protect you. Just don't leave me, please."

"I'm sorry, Quirin. I'll come back one day. Please don't give up on me. I love you so much." Rose rested her forehead on his as tears trickled down her cheeks.

Quirin felt a pit in his stomach. "I love you too, Ulla. I will always love you. I promise that I'll wait for you to come back to me. I will never take another. You have my word."

Rose smiled when he used her birth name. "I wish I could stay. I will find a way to send word once I'm safe."

Quirin kissed her gently and caressed her cheek. He pulled back and held her close. "Please stay with me at least until the morning."

"Okay," Rose murmured before she kissed him once again.

🧪

"Me? How?" Varian asked quickly as he looked at Carmen in shock.

"With the Queen's Pearl," Carmen explained.

"Which queen? My sister? Queen Elsa of Arendelle? Queen Layla of Neserdnia?" Aqua questioned immediately. "I could definitely talk with whoever this queen is."

"Well, believe it or not, you may be the only one who can talk to the queen, my dear," Carmen said to Aqua and Lucia huffed.

"Get to the point, mama. We don't have all day," Lucia said quickly.

"You never let me have any fun," Carmen grumbled before she walked inside. "Come."

They all followed into the living room, sitting down while Carmen looked at the two Coronans.

"The Queen's Pearl belonged to Queen Esperanza, but she gave it to Queen Aquata of Atlantis," Carmen explained.

"But Atlantis is only a myth." Varian shook his head in disbelief.

"So is the Ever Realm, and yet, you're looking to go there. The Enchanted Forest is a myth, but your beloved is from there. Ahtohallan is a myth, but your darling princess has been hearing its call," Carmen said with a grin.

"H-how did you know I was hearing a call? And how do you know that I'm from the Enchanted Forest?" Aqua asked shakily.

"I'm a sorceress, my dear. I know all sorts of things, like I know that you can't use the Queen's Pearl to get to the Ever Realm until Varian learns to control his magic," Carmen explained as she leaned back.

"Then help me. Please. Help me control my magic," Varian begged as he stood up.

"Oh, darling, you already have a wonderful teacher who is always by your side," Carmen replied, motioning to Aquaria. "I can teach you how to use your powers, yes. But you need to look no further than your love to help you control it."