Chapter VI

Quirin came home to his wife after a long day of field work and checking on everything in the village.

"Rosie, I'm home!" Quirin called as he walked into the house.

She ran up to him and jumped into his arms which made him laugh lightly.

"Well, you seem excited. What happened?" He asked curiously as he held her close.

"I saw the doctor today. I'm pregnant!" Rosamund informed with a bright smile.

Quirin laughed as he spun her around. "I'm gonna be a dad! This is incredible!"

Rose smiled, so happy to be having a baby with the love of her life. She had always wanted this since she was a little girl. She wanted to find true love and have a family like in the fairytales.

Quirin dropped to his knees and put his hands on her belly. "Hello, in there. I'm your daddy. I promise that I'm gonna protect you from everything I can. I love you so much."

Rose smiled as she ran a hand through Quirin's hair, smiling down at him.

He stood with a smile and kissed her deeply.

They were both so incredibly happy to have a baby. It was a dream come true.

🌟

Rosamund cried out of pure joy when the newborn baby boy was set in her arms. She looked at him and then up at Quirin.

"He's perfect," she murmured with a bright smile.

"What are you going to name him?" The nurse asked.

"Our names for him kept varying. I'm not really sure what we'll go with," Quirin said and Rose hummed softly.

"What about Varian? It's cute and kinda like variable or variant," Rose suggested to which Quirin smiled.

"Varian Starling," Quirin spoke as he thought about it. "It's perfect, just like him."

Rosamund smiled as she pressed a tender kiss to Varian's little head. "My little angel."

💧

Aquaria smiled as she stood beside Varian.

"Just concentrate on the feeling. Make it go like a river. Continuous. Just focus on it," Aqua instructed as Varian breathed deeply.

Suddenly, lightning struck down in the field.

"Good job. You didn't send ten thousand bolts down on us this time. You're improving," Aqua praised and Varian fell on his butt.

"Yeah, but not fast enough. At this rate, it'll be years until I get my mother back," Varian muttered as he looked down in defeat.

"Don't say that, Var. It won't be years. I promise. Yes, it will take some time before you stop losing so much energy, but you're getting so much better," Aqua assured as she sat in front of him on her knees.