Heartbreak

Kayla's POV

Ashton drops me off at home and asks if I want company, but I refuse.

I just want to be alone.

I loved Axel, and I thought he loved me too, but it was all a huge lie.

I wonder if Mikey and Calum knew about this.

When I enter the house I ignore my mother and run straight to my room.

I flop onto my bed and collapse into a ball of tears.

After a while, the tears have stopped, as though my body ran out of water.

I plug my phone into my dock and put my taylor swift songs on shuffle.

Basically every song explains how I'm feeling.

I sit with my back and head against the door and hug my knees to my chest.

After a few songs play, I start to simply laugh at myself.

"I'm so cliché" I laugh to myself.

I reach forward and pull my phone off of the dock and dial Calum's number.

It rings about 3 times before he picks up.

"Kayla?" I hear him say softly.

"Hi..." I respond, quiet and weak.

"What's wrong?" He asks with worry.

"It's Axel... He cheated... it's like my heart.... hurts." I say with a slight giggle, while a silent tear falls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum's POV

"It's Axel... he cheated... it's like my heart.... hurts." she says quietly wit a slight laugh in her voice.

I take a deep breath to calm down before I explode.

I knew Axel was awful, I've never liked him.

I just wish I could have known sooner, to talk sense into him, or talk kayla into making a better decision.

Before I know it, I'm screaming into the phone.

"Oh my god kayla! Have you not taken the hint?! I have been hopelessly in love with you since the 6th grade and tried to hold it back, but I can't stand when jerks like him just stomp all over you like you're replaceable, because you're not! You are the most amazing girl I have ever met kayla, and I feel like the biggest idiot in the world right now for never telling you how I feel. I love you Kayla. And I don't regret saying that. At this point, if you don't remotely feel the same, I don't care, live your life, but don't keep crying to me when your heart gets broken by the same jerks!" I rant.

"Calum, I..." she starts, but I hang up in a huff.

I toss my phone across the room and run my hands through my hair.

Damn it. I ruined it. I ruined every god damn thing.

I hate this, Kayla is one of the few amazing things in my life and I ruined everything.

I should have just shut my mouth as usual and just been supportive, but I just can't take it anymore.

I don't get why she keeps falling for the same jerks.

I'm done with being friend-zoned. I'm truly, deeply, in love with her, and o can't hide that anymore.

I want to be with her, and I want to keep her safe, and happy, I just want her life to be perfect.

I just hope she can set aside that conversation for now.

I pull out some pieces of scrap sheet music and start writing.

I write notes and chords and a whole tune, and then the lyrics come.

You called me up
It's like a broken record
Saying that your heart hurts
That you'll never get over him getting over you
And you end up crying
And I end up lying
'Cause I'm just a sucker for everything that you do

And when the phone call finally ends
You say "thanks for being a friend"
And we're going in circles again and again

I dedicate this song to you
The one who never sees the truth
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl
Hold you tight straight through the daylight
I'm right here, when you gonna realize
That I'm your cute, heartbreak girl

I finish a few more verses but get stuck on the bridge and decide to call it a night.

I do my homework and then have dinner in my room.

I fall asleep with my earbuds in, listening to nirvana... and thinking about kayla.

(A/N hey guys! A bit of a short chapter, just wanted to give a quick update. sorry about the really crappy writing in this chapter, it was a bit rushed so that I could update. Anyway, i hope you liked it, and keep on commenting, voting, and reading! ~Julia <3 )