Makeover

Kayla's POV

I get home around 2:00 a.m after the party and Axel was drunk so I drove him home and then walked back to my house.

I get upstairs quietly and wipe off all my makeup and put on a baggy t shirt and shorts and crawl into bed.

I fall asleep thinking about what Calum will do. He's probably mad that I've lied to him, and he has to know that I feel terrible.

My mom shakes me awake in the morning so I won't be late for school, although I wish I could sleep for the rest of the day.

I rub my eyes and nod to her and she leaves my room to go make breakfast.

I have a quick shower, get dressed, throw my hair in a ponytail, put on some light makeup and head downstairs with my backpack.

My mom had made me a plate of waffles and I eat them quickly.

I head out the door after slipping on my vans and run down to the corner where Mikey and Calum are waiting.

"It's about time!" Mikey jokes, nudging me with his shoulder.

"Sorry I was up late and over slept." I explain.

"Mmhmm." Calum says with an eye roll looking away as we walk.

"What's up with you cal-pal?" Michael asks him seriously with a little laugh in his voice.

"Oh, nothing, I just hope the rehearsal schedule is good." he says crossing his arms and looking at me, raising his eyebrows as though he wants me to show it to him although he knows I don't have it.

"Shoot I completely forgot, I'll make it at lunch today in the library and give it to them at the end of the day, ok?" I say, mad at myself for forgetting.

"Ok, ok, that's fine, but come on Kay." Michael says with a fatherly tsk tsk.

We walk up to the school just before the first bell goes and rush to our lockers to put away our backpacks and bran our books and head to class.

I fall asleep in math and Calum shoots a spitball at me to wake me up while the teacher isn't looking.

It stuck to my hair and I pry it out and then focus on the lesson again.

When lunchtime rolls around I head to the library and sit at one of the computers.

I type up:

5 seconds of summer official band rehearsal schedule.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays after school. (2-3 hours)

Sunday afternoons 12:00 - 2:30

All rehearsals begin next week.

Let us know if the schedule will not work for you with prior commitments.

Some shows will be played at coffee shops and clubs downtown in the next month, dates so far are unknown.

I print out four copies so everyone gets one.

After I put the fresh printed pages on my locker I head to the cafeteria and quickly grab some food and join the guys who are already half finished.

"How'd it go?" Calum asks.

"Good, they are printed out and in my locker so you can put up the results on the bulletin boards after lunch." I respond cheerily.

"Awesome so what's the schedule?" Mikey asks.

"Mondays, wednesdays, and Fridays after school for probably 2-3 hours, and Sundays from 12:00 - 2:30." I respond confidently.