018 THE TRUTH ABOUT ZELDA

CHAPTER EIGHTEENThe Truth About Zelda

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
The Truth About Zelda

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     SINCE BELLE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO FELT SOMEWHAT NORMAL IN STORYBROOKE, Zelda decided that her shop was where she would spend her time while Emma and the others worked on whatever case they were working on. Zelda was already there in the early hours of the shop opening so she wouldn't feel so alone in the house she was staying at with Emma and Henry. While Henry was off with some of Emma's friends, Zelda stayed with Belle. And while she was in the back cleaning up some things like Belle kindly asked her to, Belle was out front with Killian, Emma, David and Mary Margaret discussing a serious situation.

     "Look, there has to be some clues here about how Gold was able to come back," the blonde said.

     "I'll have to look around. Zelda's in the back cleaning up some things for me so maybe it will keep her busy," Belle said as she stood up.

     "It seems you got a little helper," Killian said with a toothy grin. "Make it two since I would like to stay here and help you look for clues since I am surprisingly good at research."

     "He can protect you and Zelda if the witch comes," Emma said.

     "This man tried to kill me twice so the only reason I'm even allowing this is because it will help Zelda being around people she's comfortable with. And maybe he'll be as useful as he says he is," the brunette said as she gave Killian a pointed look.

     "Fair enough," the pirate sighed as the others left the shop.

     "She's trying to grasp at whatever normalcy she has left in her life right now. Maybe if we have some time, we can try and figure out what is going on with her,"  Belle suggested as she grabbed the books from the shelves and handed them to Killian.

     "I doubt it'll be easy. All I saw that day was that her eyes turned orange and she nearly killed that boy and she didn't even know what happened," he said.

     "Maybe if we look into some Asian folklore, we can narrow down our search. We don't know what her exact ethnic origin is since she was adopted by a European family in nineteenth century England so our best chance is broadening our research," Belle said.

     "Does she even have a surname to give us a clue?" Killian asked.

     "The family who adopted her in Boston was Korean and their last name was Kim so naturally, Zelda was given that last name when Emma took her there," Belle answered.