004 RUNAWAY LOST GIRL

CHAPTER FOURRunaway Lost Girl

CHAPTER FOUR
Runaway Lost Girl

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     FOR EACH YEAR THAT WENT BY, ZELDA'S HOPE SHRUNK EVEN MORE. She had already lost hope that she would find a way out of Neverland and she sometimes wished that Pan would just get bored of her and put her out of her misery. At this point, she would rather be dead than be an eternal prisoner. It was moments like these that made her wish that she had thrown herself off that cliff sooner before Pan's shadow came along and dragged her back. The inside walls of her wooden cage were covered with as many tally marks as they could fit and it became impossible to keep track of time after that. Without knowing what day it was or how long she had been trapped, Zelda truly started to lose her mind and all sense of herself and the world around her.

     "Wake up!" Felix said forcefully as he used his spear to rattle the cage Zelda was confined to.

     The girl nearly jumped as she woke up from her rather unpleasant slumber and moved around to try and find a more comfortable position.

     "What?" Zelda asked as she rubbed her eyes.

     "It's time," the blonde said with a smile that Zelda could barely see through the thin spaces between the thick bars.

     "Time for what?"

     "A believer is in Neverland. Pan believes it's the Truest Believer."

     Zelda scoffed and laughed bitterly at the sound of hope in the Lost Boy's voice.

     "If he really is the Truest Believer, I hope he has the most common sense to get off this island before that son of a bitch finds him," she said as she leaned against one of the walls.

     "You should watch your mouth before Pan rips out your shadow," Felix warned.

     "Pan wouldn't dare rip out my shadow because if he does, he'll only be putting me out of my misery. And I bet you twenty pounds that he would rather watch me suffer in life than let me find peace in death," Zelda said and she could see a muscle in Felix's jaw twitch and that made her smile in satisfaction. "Looks like you can't threaten me with death anymore."

     "Don't be so sure. We can still take everything else away from you," Felix said.

     "What is left for you to take? You and Pan already took away my hope and my sanity. You can't hurt me anymore. I have nothing left for you to take away from me," the raven haired girl said.

     Felix glared at her before he turned on his heel and walked away. Zelda sighed as she closed her eyes and clutched some of the fabric of her overalls in her hands. The longer she stayed in Neverland, the more she wished she could go back to England. She wouldn't be caught dead going back to her mother but that little English village was the only home she had ever known. She would sometimes imagine what her life would be like on the day she finally escaped her mother's clutches. She would have her own little house in another village far away where her mother couldn't reach her and nobody would know who she was. She would've had a fresh start and her life would've started for real. Sadly, that wasn't how it happened and she unknowingly traded one prison for another.