019 THE CHERRY ON TOP

CHAPTER NINETEENThe Cherry on Top

CHAPTER NINETEEN
The Cherry on Top

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     EVERY TIME SOMEBODY HAD NEWS ABOUT RECENT EVENTS, ZELDA WAS ALWAYS CONFUSED. One moment, some man she didn't know seemed to already know who she was and the next moment, people were telling her that he was dead. As bad as it sounded, she didn't really feel bad because she didn't know who he was but she did know that there were people who were close to him and were grieving for him. When Emma told her she needed to get dressed for Neal's funeral, she didn't ask any questions or argue. As far as she remembered, she had never been to a funeral so this was a new ballgame for her. It seemed like the whole town showed up and after the burial, everybody went to Granny's Diner and Zelda was chewing on a cookie while everyone else was talking. She walked over to Emma who was throwing darts at a target on the wall.

     "Mind if I give it a shot?" she asked and the blonde nodded as she grabbed the darts and handed them to Zelda.

     The dark haired girl focused as she threw a dark right into the bull's eye. The next three darts also hit the bull's eye and Killian chuckled as he stood right behind her and Emma.

     "I would not want to be the target if you two are throwing," he said.

     "Do you usually throw darts?" Emma asked as Zelda walked over to the target to grab the darts she threw into the bull's eye.

     "Actually, I've done it a few times with my friend whenever I was at her house. Her name was Ashley but I always called her Ash. She always wondered how I could hit the bull's eye every single time and meanwhile she couldn't even get close to it," Zelda said as she smiled at the memory that seemed so long ago. "After everything that happened with my parents in Boston, I'm starting to wonder if she was an imposter sent by the Wicked Witch just like they were."

     "Wait, you know about the Wicked Witch?" Emma asked and Zelda shrugged.

     "Flying monkeys. I'm surprised I didn't put two and two together days ago," she replied.

     "Probably because you were too busy adjusting to a strange town surrounded by strange people," Killian said with a crooked smirk and Zelda glared at him.

     "Just a reminder, it was you who brought me here in the first place," she said as she handed the darts to Emma and left them to talk.

     For the next couple of minutes while Killian took Henry out of the diner and Emma was talking to David and Mary Margaret, Zelda was indulging in the snacks and drinks that were set up on the counter. Even though she was mainly there to pay her respects to a man who had just died the day before, she was starting to think about how it felt for Emma and other people who knew him really well. It also made her wonder if she really did know Neal because it seemed like he knew her. Unfortunately, she couldn't ask him about it. She would probably have to ask Emma or Killian about it but not while the service was still going on.