006 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST

CHAPTER SIXFaith, Trust and Pixie Dust

CHAPTER SIX
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS SIMPLY GOING WHERE THE OTHERS WERE GOING, Zelda still couldn't help but wonder how they all got to Neverland. She knew that they were looking for a little boy named Henry but she wondered how he got there. Was he taken by Pan's shadow like she was? She couldn't deny that she was curious but she didn't think it was her place to ask questions since she never even met him and she only spent a few hours with the people who were looking for him. She figured that if they wanted her to know, they would tell her. Was it okay for her to just assume they would tell her? It wasn't any of her business and she was basically just there for the ride so why would they tell her?

     "What's going on inside that little head of yours?" Killian asked while lightly tapping Zelda's forehead with his pointer and middle finger.

     Everybody stopped walking when Emma and Regina stayed back while talking quietly. Zelda bit her lip while looking anywhere else but where Killian was standing. She wasn't sure if she should just ask him how they got to Neverland or how Henry even got there to begin with. It wasn't any of her business but why was she so curious to know? Would he just dodge her question and tell her to mind her own business? Would she get an answer at all? She didn't think anyone willingly came to Neverland just to walk through the jungle and have a run in with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, unless they were children who were easy to be influenced but these people were grown adults. The magic didn't have the same effect on them as it did on Zelda when she was still a kid herself.

     She lifted her head and looked at Killian dead in the eye while adjusting the strap of her overalls. "Nothing," she said as she kept walking. That was a complete lie but she couldn't bring herself to say what was really on her mind. It always had consequences when she was living in that small house in that small town and being on a magical island with other people didn't make a difference.

     "You don't need to hide, love. No one here is trying to hurt you," Killian said and Zelda turned around with a tight grip on her spear.

     "Right. It's not like Pan threatened to rip out my shadow and almost did rip it out to make a point. It's not like his Lost Boys tried to hunt me down. It's not like your friend over there tried to kill me or threaten to kill me on more than one occasion," she said. She could feel her throat close up as she recalled and listed every time someone tried to harm or kill her ever since she left her mother's clutches.

     "For the record, Regina is not a friend of mine," Killian said and Zelda scoffed as the contractions in her throat started to become more painful as she breathed.

     "Whatever, I don't care," she said as she turned away from him.

     Why did she feel like crying? It wasn't new information that many people were out to hurt her so she didn't know why she still felt like she was suffocating every time she thought about it. The people she was travelling with could turn around at any moment and show their true colours if she wasn't cautious. While Killian led the way through the jungle, Zelda stayed close to Mary Margaret. She still didn't trust any one of them but she was the only one who didn't think she was working for Peter Pan and insisted that she stayed with them. Mary Margaret was the one who gave her food and water after they found her caught in the crossfire between them and the Lost Boys. Regina tried to kill her, both her and David thought she was conspiring with Pan and Emma and Killian were just off to the sidelines while Mary Margaret welcomed her. However, that didn't mean Zelda trusted her anymore than she trusted the others.