012 A VERY STEEP PRICE

CHAPTER TWELVEA Very Steep Price

CHAPTER TWELVE
A Very Steep Price

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     ZELDA FLINCHED AS SHE WOKE UP WITH COLD SWEAT ON HER FOREHEAD. She looked around and realized that it was the crack of dawn and Killian was still asleep on the couch. She carefully got up and closed the bathroom door quietly once she was inside. She looked at the two taps over the sink, confused about which one to use. One was blue and the other was red. What was the difference?

     She decided to turn the blue one and cold water fell out of the pipe. She cupped her hands under the water and it felt soothing against her heated skin as it washed off the sweat. She turned the tap off and dried her face with a towel that was hanging on a rack. She noticed a pair of scissors on a small shelf and picked them up. She could see her reflection in the metal and when she looked in the mirror, she saw how much of a mess she really was. She grabbed a piece of her hair and without a second thought, she cut it off. She grabbed another piece and cut it as well. Piece by piece, her hair fell onto the floor and in the sink as she used the scissors to cut it all. Eventually, all of her hair was all over the place and she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her hair reached her jaw and some of it fell in front of her face. She did a side part and her hair covered the entire left side of her forehead. She cleaned up all the hair from the floor and the sink and tossed it in the small garbage can in the corner. She nearly jumped at the sound of someone knocking on the door but soon calmed down.

     "Are you alright?" Killian asked from outside the bathroom and Zelda looked at all her hair that was sitting in the garbage can.

     What would he say? What would anyone say once they saw what she did? She took a deep breath as she turned the knob and pulled the door open. Killian's eyebrows shot up to his hairline when he saw Zelda's new look. It was a little choppy but it wasn't a terrible look for her.

     "You hate it," Zelda said after five minutes of silence between them.

     "Quite the opposite, really," Killian said. "It suits you."

     Zelda smiled timidly as she left the bathroom and grabbed her shoes. Killian put on his shoes and jacket as well and the both of them left the room at the same time Tinker Bell left hers.

     "Hey, Tink. Did you sleep okay last night?" Zelda asked.

     Before she could even answer, the three of them heard a woman screaming. She ran outside of Granny's and saw Emma and David getting out of a car.

     "What the hell was that?" Emma asked.

     "We had the same question," Killian said.