016 THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD

CHAPTER SIXTEENThe Weight of the World

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
The Weight of the World

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     THERE WASN'T MUCH FOR ZELDA TO DO IN A STRANGE TOWN SHE NEVER HEARD OF. All she could do was either mope around in the room she was staying in or just go for a walk while wishing for a bunch of things she knew she could never have. She felt like the epitome of a depressed teenager but she didn't know what to do about it. At least in therapy, she had someone to talk to about her nightmares but now she was surrounded by complete strangers. Her mind was jammed with a bunch of thoughts, most of them which weren't even important and were just there because.

     She thought about talking to Henry just so she didn't feel so alone but he was always playing a game on his phone so he wouldn't really hear a word she said. Things were still tense between her and Emma after her little outburst when Killian found her in the park after she disappeared from the diner and brought her back. She felt completely out of place and she had no idea what to do and she had nobody to talk to about it. The whole thing just made her want to rip her own hair out in fistfuls.

     She sighed in defeat as she grabbed her jacket and put her shoes on and went downstairs. She saw Henry and Mary Margaret by the door and the pregnant woman smiled when she saw Zelda at the bottom of the stairs.

     "Hey, Zelda. We were actually going to go get some lunch. Do you wanna come with us?" she asked and Zelda shook her head lightly.

     "Actually, I was just gonna take a walk for a while," she replied.

     "Alone?" Mary Margaret asked.

     "I'll be fine," Zelda said as she walked out the door and started heading anywhere away from that house.

     She sighed in relief now that she was able to be outside and away from everyone. She was starting to feel like she was suffocating in there and she just needed a moment to be by herself and not feel trapped, even though that was a constant feeling for her. She started to get to know the place better as she walked down the streets and saw many shops and stores. She looked through the windows and they all had some very nice things inside and it made her wish she had some money. Unfortunately after the situation with her parents, she didn't bring any with her. The only thing that was packed for her was extra clothes and hygiene products but she couldn't really complain about it.

     The more she thought about it, the more she wondered how Killian and Emma knew her and how Killian knew where she was and how to find her. She didn't even know why he was even looking for her to begin with. Did it have anything to do with her birth parents or adopted parents? She just ended up with more questions and less answers the more she thought about it but she couldn't help it. Who else knew who she was? Did she know them too or were they also strangers to her? To be quite honest, she wasn't very sure if she knew anybody anymore. She was so confused with everything that had happened in the last couple of hours that her head started to hurt from all of the thinking.