007 CHILDHOOD TRAUMA

CHAPTER SEVENChildhood Trauma

CHAPTER SEVEN
Childhood Trauma

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

     KILLIAN LED THEM THROUGH THE JUNGLE TO A LARGE ROCK FORMATION COVERED IN VINES. Everyone looked around while Emma and Regina questioned what this place was and how it related to Neal escaping Neverland. Killian and David pulled on a rope which lifted the stone door and allowed them to go inside.

     "Ladies first," Killian said and allowed Emma, Mary Margaret, Regina and Zelda to go inside while he and David followed behind them.

     "Hook, what is this place? Why are we here?" Emma asked and Killian tried to use a rock against the metal of his hook hand to light a torch.

     Davide pulled something out of his pocket and a small flame came out of it. He used it to light the torch and Zelda looked at it curiously.

     "What is that?" she asked.

     She had never seen anything like it. The only thing she had ever seen or used to light something was a match.

     "You've never seen a lighter before?" David asked and Zelda shook her head.

     She always used matches and she had never seen something like a lighter before. She didn't even know how he got the flame to ignite but she figured now wasn't the time to ask for details when she saw all the markings on the walls.

     "This is where Neal lived," Emma said once she realized it.

     "Baelfire spent some time in Neverland as a boy. This was his home," Killian said but Zelda was confused.

     "I thought his name was Neal but now you're saying his name was Baelfire?" she questioned.

     "It's a long story. When we save Henry and get off the island, we'll answer all of your questions as best as we can," Mary Margaret said and Zelda nodded while the paler woman looked around. "So, do you think Neal might have left a clue on how to escape?"

     "I hope so, or else we'll be lost like he was," Killian said and Zelda gripped her spear even tighter.

     She knew all too well what it was like to be lost and it was the worst feeling she could ever think of. There were no words to describe what it felt like to have nothing and no one there for you, to be completely on your own and entrust yourself to the wrong person because even the tiniest bit of positive attention after years of torment could cloud your judgement. Everyone looked around to see if Neal ─ or Baelfire ─ hid anything that would be a clue to help them get off the island without Pan chasing after them. Zelda was instructed to stay by the entrance and keep a watch out for any Lost Boys or even worse, Peter Pan. Killian said that since she was driven by survival instincts and fought the Lost Boys before, she wouldn't have any problem fighting them again if they showed up while the others looked for clues. Just thinking about getting anywhere near the Lost Boys made her anxious, even though they were no longer hunting her down. They were ruthless fighters so if she wasn't worried about fighting them, that would be a concern.