MBFR : 9

EPISODE 9: WAYS GETTING DEEPER

A quotation says, "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."

To be delighted is the other word of permitting ourselves to weather pain because love is not all basically joyous moments. It's not the pleasant recollections after all in spite it is the crusade we fight until the end.

"Do you like Lauryn?" Gabriele reiterated with his gloaming eye.

Our sass soldered together while looking at them, they never errs to make us wordless and if their stare were made of flame, I'm sure we are all burned out.

Clyde looks at his eyes hastily, bestowing him a peek in a habit he was procuring. He swerved and fought Gabriele's stare, "Are you sure you wanna know?" he snickered.

Gabriele wobbled his head, "If you don't have an intent to pursue her don't make her assume things," he said in a serious mood.

He beamed, "Why do you think I mooch myself to her? Dude, you know nothing."

Gabriele's brows withered, "It's a yes or no question, Bro. Do you like her?" he pleaded, intensifying each term that leaked on his mouth.

Clyde wiles nigher to him but before responding to the question he peeks at me, "Lauryn is beautiful inside and out, I mean there's no way you can't like her."

His reply made my heart stumble again, fireworks were flaring in my abdomen. If it is a dream I would rather choose not to wake up.

Clyde Martin Melendez is enticing to me!

"I'm sorry but I couldn't answer that now. I just want to get to know her more and be her friend."

Parang unti-unting natunaw ang mga fireworks sa tiyan ko at napalitan na lang ito ng mahihinang tunog ng torotot.

Napayuko ako sa huling narinig, nawala ako sa sarili dahil sa nagdedeliryo ng puso ko, nakalimutan ko ng pakinggan ang aking isipan.

"Uy! Masyado naman kayong seryoso, ginagabi na tayo!" pag-iiba ni Belinda sa usapan, ngumiti lamang ako ng mapakla.

Inabot niya ang kamay ko at pinisil iyon habang may pag-aalinlangan sa mga matang tumingin sa'kin.

I smiled solemnly and nodded to tell her that I was alright.

Hindi naman masakit ma-friendzone ng harap-harapan eh, parang kagat lang ng dinosaur.

Gabriele gawks at me with uneasy eyes, contrition is visible on his exterior. Sad, but still, grateful to him because he successfully halted my misconceptions.

Bumuntong hininga ako at tumingin sa labas. Natanaw ko ang iba't ibang tao na naglalakad. Ang iba ay kasama ang kanilang pamilya, mayroon din'g magkasintahan, may mag-ina, at mag-lola. May mga nagtatawanan din kasama ang kanilang mga kaibigan.

I glimmered bitterly when I came to comprehend that I am the least among those individuals.

I am the smallest extent in a vast field of sunflowers who admires the sun. Thus, I am the sunflower that could not sprout beautifully without the glimpse of a sunrise.

Tahimik kaming lumabas sa Tiger Sugar, animo'y pina pakiramdaman ang kilos ng bawat isa. Tuwing mapapatingin ako kay Clyde ay sakto din itong nakatingin sa'kin.

I don't know why but I feel a pang on my chest.

"Ihahatid na kita," he said in the silence when we reached the alley.

I twisted and gaped at him, "Hindi mo na kailangan mag-abala pa Clyde kaya ko naman ang sarili ko."

I don't know if I'm seeing it right, his eyes were anxious, it was opaque and dreadful.