Chapter 19- Under Pressure

"Ugh...what happened?" Yuri opens her eyes groggily. The last thing she remembered was Goeun appearing in front of her and Yena and attacking them. She finds herself in a cell much like the one she'd been kept in in Myeong-dong. Next to her, Yena was sitting cross-legged, eyes closed, as if she was meditating. She doesn't know how much time has passed.

"Quiet, prisoner!" A guard's voice scolded. Yuri was about to get up and order him to knock himself out, but Yena pulled her back.

"Be patient, Yul." She whispers, surprising the younger as normally Yena was never one to shy away from a fight.

"Remember we still have Sakura's mental link." She says to Yuri telepathically. "We can't reveal what our powers are if we can help it because it keeps them in the dark."

"If Goeun and the others are here under their control, wouldn't she have told them by now?" Yuri argues.

"If what Chaewon reported was true, it seems like they're acting like mindless attack machines. I don't think they could've disclosed any important information. Besides, I don't think we have the power to break ourselves out without getting overwhelmed anyway." She replies. Yuri nods her head, putting the pieces together. Yena could be quite the strategist when she wanted to.

"So, what do we do?" Yuri asks.

"Wait for Sakura's signal." As if on cue, The Japanese girl speaks into their minds.

"Yuri, Yena, we cut their communications. Now do your team's job and take over their surveillance systems."

Yuri's memory starts to come back to her as she recalls Eunbi's initial plans. Sakura's team would take out the comms, Eunbi's team would lead the charge to central control, and her team had to take control of the cameras. Looking back on it, Eunbi really knew how to split the teams for specific tasks. Sakura's needed muscle to protect her while she hacked, Yuri's needed stealth, and the rest were supporting the main attack. She was a genius leader.

"No 'hello'? or a 'are you two okay?' Straight to the point, huh?" Yena jokes as if they weren't underground in a heavily defended base on an important mission.

"No time for pleasantries, Choi. We gotta move before they send reinforcements here. It took a lot of work to get into this place." Sakura adds a tone of urgency to her request.

"Alright, we got it. Just needed to get a feel for the place first. Can you patch us back in with the others? Our connection was broken when Goeun attacked." Yena says.

"Sure, good luck, Yena, Yuri. We're counting on you."

"Don't worry, unnie! I've got a plan and I know where to go. You're not the only one who can map an underground base." Yena teases one more time before sending her off. When Sakura's eyes flutter open, she's greeted by the sound of yelling and gunfire.

"Yah, Sakura! Stay hidden, their backup has arrived!" Chaeyeon says over the loud background noise. She had a nasty gash on her right arm, but Chaeyeon insisted that she'd be fine. That battle with Noe and their subsequent efforts to make it to this point were just as difficult. Nako and Hitomi were starting to tire as well. They needed Yuri and the others to move faster.

~~~~

30 minutes ago...

Noe was showing no mercy to her friends, chucking boulder after boulder at them. Chaeyeon and Hitomi were only barely dodging the projectiles.

"Noe! We're here to help you! We're on your side!" Chaeyeon yells over in Japanese, but it was like she didn't hear them at all.

"Chaeyeon-unnie, look out!" Hitomi shouts, controlling a tree branch to yank her out of the way just as another boulder landed where she just was.