Chapter 3 - Getting to Know You

One Week Later...

All the trainees had begun to start getting used to their new schedules here at the Produce facility. In their closets, they found sets of clothes ready for them to use. They were like a uniform of sorts, a simple white blouse with pink lining the sleeves along with a knee-length pink checkered skirt for classes on the history of mutants and regular lessons for math, english and science. For the underage trainees, it was important for the facility to be holistic in what they teach. They should still receive schooling that they might not have normally. Seunggi and the staff were well aware that most facilities didn't have the funds or didn't even care to aid mutants. They simply focused on containment which didn't sit right with them.

For physical activities like fitness training to keep them in top shape, each trainee was also provided with black athletic shorts and jogging pants paired with plain shirts of varying colors. It's safe to say that most trainees found these sections of the day to be quite a drag, but they put up with it because of the last activity for the day- ability training. It's like keeping a horse cooped up in a stable all day, it'll be yearning to run so badly that when it's finally let out, it runs forever. That's how many trainees felt about their situation. Under normal circumstances, using their powers could get them arrested or even killed by the government or anti-mutant organizations. It was too dangerous for them, so they'd have to hide their powers from the world. For some, the Produce program was an outlet for them to finally let loose and explore what they were actually capable of. That in itself was worth sacrificing their old lives for. It's not like many of them were happy in the first place.

"Yah, Choi Yena! Ahn Yujin! You two are late for breakfast...again." Said a very irritated voice early in the morning.

"Just five more minutes, mom..." Another voice sluggishly replied.

"Five more minutes? We're not gonna get anything if our room is late again! Don't five minutes me!" The two lazy girls continue to lay in their bunks without a care in the world.

"It's no good, Yuri-unnie. Looks like we'll be stuck with the scraps again...." Wonyoung says in an exasperated tone as she exits the room.

"You know, Wonyoung, we may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but these two are really making me thankful that you're here. Don't worry, step aside." Yuri cracks her neck and knuckles, and walks into the room.

After about five minutes, a very irked Yujin and a very flustered Yena walk out the door with Yuri right behind them sporting a smug grin. "Mission accomplished."

"Yah, I really wish I had your charm speak power, Yuri. You could get anyone to do what you wanted. What'd you even say to them?" Wonyoung asks as she observes the two sleepy-heads trudging along ahead of them.

"Well..."

----------

5 minutes earlier...

"Yah, Yujin, ah...Wonyoung said she'd like to take you out on a date." The big puppy eyes shot open at what she had heard.

"WHAT?! Really? No way!" Yujin was wide awake now.

"Really? That's what got you to move? I'll make sure to tell her you have a crush on her." Yuri says flatly.

"Oh my god, unnie. I really can't believe you. Do not tell her anything, I swear." Yujin was pretty embarrassed now that she'd been goaded out of bed so easily.

"Sure, Yujinnie, just give me some extra food during lunch time, and I'll keep my mouth shut." She made sure to add a little bit of magic into her suggestion to get what she wanted.

"Sure, unnie. No problem." She responded in a slight daze shaking her head a bit. "Wait, what did I just agree too? Ugh, fine, Yuri, you can have some, just don't tell Wonyoung."