Chapter 15- Calm Before the Storm

Yena had been tailing Yuri the whole time after they were dismissed from the meeting. They hadn't talked since last night aside from before they had to go to Seunggi's office when Yuri simply walked up to her and said 'Let's go.'. It was clear she was being ignored, but Yena couldn't help but try and regain favor from the cute hamster.

"Yuri-yah~" She whined for the nth time. Eventually, Yuri turned around and glared at her. Yena wasn't afraid of many things, but the look she was being given had to be on the list.

"What?" Yuri responded indifferently.

"I'm sorry, alright? It was just a joke!!!"

"Well, it wasn't a very funny one if you ask me. Why would you even think about that?"

"How come? Did you not like the idea of marrying me?" Yena teases. Yuri was caught off guard, her cheeks reddening. It's not that she was against it, but it was just such a sudden declaration.

"Ugh, you're impossible!" She yells and walks off again. Yena scratches her head. She was really bad at this whole 'romance' thing. Normally her jokes would land on the mark and make people laugh, but she's starting to realize that it may not be the best approach for a situation like the one she was in. Yena realized she didn't really have a lot of experience with love in general. Sure, her family loved her, but after she left, Yena never felt a connection with anyone in her past group of bandits or even in Yuehua. She was good at making friends, but the second her eyes met Yuri's, it just felt different. She couldn't explain it, and here she was now, fumbling her opportunities and making mistakes. I really need some help on this.

As for Yuri, she was just very confused. She definitely felt something different when she was with that duck. When she found out Yena had tried to single-handedly save her, there was a part of her that was definitely moved. That idiot would run through a brick wall for her, and Yuri was just wondering what she could do in return. It seemed like the sudden mention of the word 'marriage' in Yena's joke really just stuck with her. She didn't know whether to feel angry or embarrassed. She could definitely envision a future with her, but the other half of her, the rational side, is holding her back, trying to keep her on track. She wanted things to go slower, but for what intention? Isn't the end goal of most relationships to settle down together? When Yuri was sure she'd finally put some distance in between herself and Yena, she finds an empty bench at the edge of the forest and takes a breather. That duck...what do I really want?

Of course, the easy way to get what she wanted would be to just charm Yena into falling for her completely, but Yuri had promised herself she wouldn't use her powers for things like that. She wanted to be more than just her powers. She wanted to be able to convince people without planting suggestions into their heads. She wanted to earn the things she wanted, but also didn't know if she could trust herself. Who's to say she ever stopped putting that magic into her conversations. As Yuri was sitting on the bench contemplating all of this, a familiar voice calls her attention.

"Yuri? Is that you? How're you doing?" It was their roommate, Goeun.

"Oh, hey, Goeun..." Yuri greets rather unenthusiastically.

"What's wrong? What's with the long face?"

Yuri sighs. "I don't know...it's Yena. You know how she is."

"Well, I'd like to think you know her better than anyone here." She says with a little laugh.

"She's just so...ugh." Yuri can't even put her finger on it. Yena just makes her feel all sorts of things.

"You look so flustered right now." Goeun laughs. "She definitely knows how to pick a girl."

"What do you mean...?" Yuri asks. Goeun stares ahead into the distance.