Chapter 17- The Long Journey Ahead

"Okay, everyone, please take a seat!" Seunggi's voice projects over the crowd seated in the auditorium. He and the instructors felt like it would be better to let everyone know about the current situation rather than a select few.

"As you all know, there was an attack on our campus that resulted in several trainees being captured. The group, from what we've gathered is an anti-mutant organization with a mix of Korean and Japanese operatives." People in the crowd are mumbling and whispering about whatever extra bits of information they'd heard, like Jurina being one of the enemy or what exactly the weapons used were.  Lee Gaeun was the most notable abductee, but there were also Na Goeun, Kim Sihyeon, Yamada Noe, Takahashi Juri, and most notably, Park Seoyoung. That last bit was only known by Eunbi and the others though. Everyone else is still under the impression that she's in the detention facility, and for their sakes, they decided it would've been better to keep it that way.

"Now, we are hard at work trying to trace the infiltrators' whereabouts. They have to be running out of places to hide because your fellow trainees have already taken care of two of their bases." He claps as he calls the attention of the twelve. It was a bit embarrassing, sure, but Eunbi felt a hint of pride as they stood to be recognized. She's been in charge of taking care of these girls and they'd been rather successful through two attempts despite being complete rookies.

"As such, I believe these twelve have what it takes to be our representatives to stop this syndicate once and for all. Kwon Eunbi, Miyawaki Sakura, Kang Hyewon, Choi Yena, Lee Chaeyeon, Kim Chaewon, Kim Minjoo, Yabuki Nako, Honda Hitomi, Jo Yuri, Ahn Yujin and Jang Wonyoung, congratulations!" The sudden announcement catches everyone off guard to say the least. It's only been a couple weeks, but the selections were over? Of course there were grumbles of disappoint, like from Chaejeong, but it seemed like most trainees agreed with the assessment. Eunbi's group of twelve had some valuable field experience already and have shown to be very capable with their powers. Eunbi was also rather taken aback by it, but she wasn't exactly surprised. Seunggi had asked her to prove herself as a leader, and the others had followed along. She couldn't be prouder.

"The rest of you have a big decision to make in the upcoming days. Those who still feel unfit to leave or want to continue to train or seek shelter may stay here, but those who would like to return to their institutions are also free to do so. The same goes for the Japanese; we understand that there must be some confusion among you all because of Jurina's withdrawal, but you are as free to choose as the Koreans here." Everyone nods in understanding. Seunggi seemed very genuine in what he was trying to say. He didn't discriminate between the Japanese and Koreans despite the knowledge that Jurina had gone rogue and any that of these foreigners could do the same.

"I feel like that's everything. Everyone can go back to their regular routines, or can start packing. The transport will be here by tomorrow morning." As more people begin to get up, Seunggi heads to the podium again, calling. "Wait, except for the twelve, you may all go. There's something I must discuss with them."

When the auditorium is finally clear, Seunggi clears his throat and begins to speak. "I know it's sudden, but you girls are the best bet we have. We don't have time to complete everything we were planning."

"It's okay, sunbaenim." Eunbi says. "We won't let you down!" Though she appeared confident, the entire group still wasn't completely sure themselves. Minjoo's head was getting dizzy again and she knew it wasn't an after-effect of the gas. More missions, huh? I guess you really made it. Minjoo thinks to herself. As for Yujin, she was bouncing in her seat. YES! I'm finally gonna make it back. Let's do this thing!" The rest of the group had thoughts within those ranges swirling in their heads.

"You all display impeccable teamwork and skill already. This will be the biggest challenge yet, but I trust you'll be fine. We'll handle everything on this side in the meantime." The group nods along, but the reality of the task was slowly dawning on them. They were gonna be going to who knows where to save their friends knowing the enemy has almost perfected their arsenal. It was a tall order, but Seunggi had faith.