Chapter 8 - Chemistry

"Alright, girls! The finals are in a couple days, so we have to go out and train our butts off today!" Eunbi proclaimed loudly. She seemed way more motivated today than usual, and it was apparent to the others.

"What's up with Eunbi-unnie today?" Yuri whispers to Yena. "Beats me, but I agree with her. If we just sit back, we might get surprised like how we were with Seoyoung's team" The girl replied. Yuri still feels chills remembering that match. Seoyoung had scared the living daylights out of her.

"What's the plan, captain?" Chaewon asked.

"Well, our opponents are roommates with us, right? We can build a plan around what we know of them." The team nods in agreement, and proceeds to fill each other in on their opponent team's powers.

"Okay, I think the play is to take Sakura out of the game. Their communication is based around her. Because of this, I'm gonna take Hyewon and go midfield while Yuri and Yena play defense." Eunbi says.

"Aww, but defense is boring, unnie." Yena whines.

"Yeah, and so is losing." Eunbi snaps back, surprising the group. "This is the finals, Yena. We have to bring our A game."

"I suppose so." Yena quietly agrees.

"Minjoo and Chaewon, you two go on offense again. Wonyoung's powers seem to rely on being able to target you, so stealth and misdirection might throw her off." The two nod in response.

"Alright, team! You know the plan. Let's win this!" And the others cheer in agreement.

~~~~

At another table, another team was planning their strategy out as well.

"Okay, girls. Good job with the last match. We beat the odds." Chaeyeon says, giving Sakura a smug look as she adds the last bit in. "Once again, we'll be facing some familiar people, so let's not disappoint them by giving our best!"

"From what I can gather, this match will really be a 50-50." Sakura says.

"Ooh, that's gonna make things more fun for sure!" Nako cheers.

"So, one thing I noticed from our last match was we became very reliant on Sakura's communication. We have to be able to read each other's moves so we can keep pushing without a problem." Chaeyeon says.

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" Wonyoung asks.

"I was getting there, Wonyoungie. We have pairs assigned for positions, right? Since we have a couple days off, I want us to hang out with our partner for a whole day."

"Yah, unnie, don't you think it's a bit too much?" Yujin says. "Is this some excuse to just hang out with Sakura more?"

"What?! Of course not. This is purely to develop our teamwork." Chaeyeon and Sakura both turn away, hiding the redness in their faces.

"Sure, it is, unnie." Yujin says sarcastically.

"What are you complaining about anyway? You already follow me around all day as it is." Wonyoung quickly turns the tables on Yujin, who's taken aback by that.

While this is happening, the two other Japanese are observing curiously. "Hii-chan, is this how Koreans try to hit on people?" Nako asks.

"No clue, but these guys are all so obvious." Hitomi says, shaking her head.

"Oh, one more thing." Chaeyeon says, clearing her throat. "I'm making a position change. Yujin and Wonyoung will take offense, while Nako and Hitomi take defense."

"Why so suddenly?" Asks Hitomi.

"It'll be easier for you guys to handle Minjoo and Chaewon. Trust me."