Chapter 6 - New Tricks

"Sakura, these guys are no joke. You sure we can win this?" Chaeyeon asks.

"Given what I have observed so far, we have a 39% chance of winning." She says bluntly.

"Aish, aren't you supposed to be reassuring me right now?" Sakura is surprised at this. All she had done was give her the facts. She gave their team higher chances to win the last two matches because that's what the data told her. Is that not what she wanted?

With a sigh, Chaeyeon continues. "Well, don't tell the rest of the team that, alright? Let's set up the link now while Gaeun's team is still getting set up. Sakura nods and closes her eyes to focus.

Link Established. She says. The first responses she gets are surprised yelps from their youngest teammates.

Aish, a little warning would've been nice! A disgruntled Yujin said.

Yeah, unnie. What if we were thinking of something personal? Wonyoung actually agreeing with Yujin was quite scary in Chaeyeon's head.

We heard that! They both thought in unison.

Ah, yeah. Sorry about that girls. Nako? Hitomi? You two in?

Yes, Chaeyeon-unnie! We're ready to capture some flags! The two other Japanese confirm their positions cheerfully as if this was just some playground game rather than a combat mission.

"Alright, Sakura. Just like the last two, I'll defend you while you concentrate and direct the others." Their team's plan had been very effective thus far. Sakura would always somehow know where everyone was on the field at once, pointing out weak spots and openings to take advantage. Chaeyeon didn't really feel like the appointed leader when Sakura was doing the strategizing, but she had told her that it was for the best since she was fluent in both Korean and Japanese.

Over to your west, Nako. I see Goeun and Chowon sneaking around. Sakura broadcasted over as if they were wearing comm. devices. All she needed was focus to link everyone's thoughts together like a spiderweb, and just like a spiderweb, when she felt a disturbance, she knew where to look.

~~~~

Nako and Hitomi slowly approach where Sakura had told them to go. The two Japanese took a bit of time getting used to each other in the first match, but after their second, they knew how each person moved.

"Hii-chan, cause a distraction on the left, I'll flank." Nako ordered. Hitomi raises a hand and the frozen tree next to them starts to move with a mind of its own. It rustles and shakes, mimicking the sounds of a person walking by.

Sakura-chan. I don't hear anything over there. Nako relays.

It shows they're right there, though. She responds, seeing two figures crouched behind the foliage. Chaeyeon, back them up over there, looks like their forces are spread out. From what she could see, Sakura noticed that Jurina's team was a bit scattered around their defensive perimeter. That's odd. Why aren't they going for an attack?

Nako decides to take her word and curls around. As she gets around a corner, she sees Goeun and Chowon and makes her move. She charges, ready to slam into them, but ends up running right through.

"Huh, what's this?" Nako asks out loud.

What? How could that be. Sakura was sure they were there...unless. When she opens her eyes, Goeun and Jurina were right in front of her, and before she could contact Chaeyeon, Goeun uses her ability and screeches loudly with such force, Sakura is blown off her feet, the connection with the others lost. She hears someone bark orders at another, then footsteps crunching in the snow. "I told you to follow the mission, didn't I? Were you actually trying to win?" Jurina asks her quietly. Sakura's head lolls to one side as the sky turns black.