• 14 •

"So, you two are seriously dating now?" Irene sipped her bubble tea while looking at me teasingly.

"I-i don't know. Everything just happened so fast." I held my heart that can't seem to slow down since last night.

"Oh, Jennie dear. Look at yourself. You're as red as a strawberry."

* flashback *

It was already night time when we arrived at the park. I kept asking him where exactly he is taking me and why we're there, but he only shrugged me off while smiling like a maniac.

I got goosebumps when I realized that the place was empty and we're the only ones there. As we kept going farther away from the parking lot and deep into the park, my imagination went wild.

And so, I decided to slow down my pace so if ever he decided to do something, I can run as fast as I can. However, when he noticed, he also went along with my pace. If my mind was not running wildly, I would have thought he's being a gentleman.

Taehyung was about to grab my hand but I scurried instinctively. What will he do to me?

He raised a brow at me and blinked a few times. "You look scared."

I scoffed. "M-me? Why would I? We're just here in the middle of the park where it's really dark and nobody else is around. It's not like if I scream for help here, someone will hear me."

He only laughed at my sudden outburst. "Oh. So you're scared of me?"

"No." I rolled my eyes at him, trying to act brave.

"Are you sure?" He took a few steps forward until his face was threateningly touching mine.

I was so ready to run for my life until he gave me a smile. I melted at that. My worries were suddenly replaced by calmness. Right then and there, I cursed at myself with how dirty my mind can be. What was I even thinking?

Receiving no reply from me, he slowly grabbed my hand and pulled me to an area where most light is seen. I let him.

When we got there, I was stunned with what I saw. There was a picnic arrangement, a typical red-white checkered blanket supporting the basket of snacks and a small candle in the middle. Next to a bottle of iced tea were three blue roses.

It was simple yet I was captivated with the view. My reverie, however, was disturbed when I heard a click. I looked for the source and it was Taehyung, capturing me with his camera.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Can we eat first? I'm starving." He chuckled as he removed the polaroid from his face.

"No. Tell me now." My head was spinning and my stomach was fluttering, that I knew if I'd wait any longer for an answer from him, I feel like fainting.

Well, fainting might be too overboard.

He closed his eyes as he inhaled a deep amount of breath. From that, I quickly regretted why I didn't agree to eating first. This is serious.

"Princess, I'm starting to like you." He gazed back at me.

He was standing far enough, giving me the chance to be hypnotized by him. He looked so serene, so beautiful. Although he changes into his clean clothes, he still looked messy with his hair still damped.