• 13 •

I was sitting at the park's swing, trying to calm my thoughts. I stared at nothingness while I let the cool breeze of air brush through my skin.

I kept replaying in my head what happened at the beach. What if I confessed to Jungkook I always had feelings for him? What if I chose to be selfish that day and just forget about he's dating Rosé? What if..

Then I suddenly felt a set of warm hands caressing my face. Just by his scent, I knew who exactly who it was.

"Kookie.."

He smiled after hearing his nickname. He then stood closer to me and knelt down so his eyes met the level of mine.

"What's the problem?"

"You.." I whispered as I avoided his gaze.

"Me? Now what did I even do to you? You're the one who dumped me."

I instinctively looked back at him with my widen eyes. I didn't expect that he will brought that up so casually. I searched every inch of his face, looking for a hint of awkwardness. But there's none.

I scoffed. "When did I?"

I wanted to avoid this conversation so I thought that maybe acting like that day at the beach never happened would help. Or so I thought.

"It was only yesterday but you already forgot. Is it because you were also with Taehyung after?"

I heard him sigh and I felt his warm breath touch my cheek, sending tickles inside my tummy.

"Should we repeat what happened that day for you to remember?"

I gulped as I realized he was dead serious.

"Okay. It will be my pleasure to ask you again. Do you like me, Jennie?"

I stared at him, not knowing what to reply. Just minutes ago, I was asking all of my "What ifs". Is this my chance to know the answers to them?

"Jennie, do you like me?"

I was brought back again to reality when I gazed at his pleading eyes. This time, I decided to let go all of my worries. So without any second thoughts, I pushed myself closer to him till my lips met his.

I felt him smiling as his broad hands landed on my nape. My cheeks heated up so suddenly that I was the first one to pull away since I was so embarrassed with my actions.

I only laid my forehead on his and kept my eyes shut.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too, princess."

That voice.

I immediately opened my eyes and met with another pair. Those deep dazzling orbs. Taehyung.

He was only an inch away as he stared at my face. His eyes darted around my face till it came to a stop on my lips. I can feel my face burning up when I realized he was slowly closing the gap between our faces.

Instinctively, I scurried away until I bumped on the headboard. That hurts!

I sat up straight while I massage my aching head. Everything was just a dream.