~12~

Saturday

          Tessa unlocks the door and walks in, sending one last look at Danny's car as he pulls out of the Stilinski driveway. He reaches his hand out the window to wave, shouting his goodbye. She smiles at him then closes the door.

          "Dad, I'm home!" The girl shouts.

          Her dad's voice responds coming from the lving room. "In here!"

          "I have something to tell you!" Tessa blurts as soon as she sees her dad.

          Tessa had decided, with Danny's assistance, not to tell her dad or her brother about her newfound capabilities. Her dad had a responsibility to the law that Tessa would never be able to abide by. Stiles frequently got way to caught up in whichever scheme him and Scott were doing. He would probably want her to use her magic to help, and such a mediocre use of her magic could put her much closer to getting caught then she ever wanted to be. Tessa was however very excited to tell him that Deaton was increasing her hours. It wasn't a lie, she was just using those extra hours to hone her magic.

          "I have something to tell you, too!" Her dad stands to hug her.

         Tessa was a little bit scared about the surprise, Danny and Melissa obviously knew something, so did Deaton. Surprises usually meant money had been spent, or money will be spent. Money that the Stilinskis couldn't afford to spare.

          Tessa smiles at her dad, hiding her worry. "You go first."

          "Actually Tess, I think you need to go first because what I'm about to tell you will make you forget whatever you have to tell me." The man smiles, it's full of a joy Tessa hasn't seen in a long time. "Tell me your news."

          "Deaton is increasing my hours!" Tessa smiles too. "And giving me a pay raise!"

          "That's nice, what about your work at the cafe?"

          "They usually only have me working weekends, unless they need me to cover. I don't know, they are a complete mess. They pay well though so I don't care that much." Tessa shrugs.

          "So what days are you supposed to be there?"

          Tessa pulls out her phone to look at the text from Danny. "Sunday and Monday off, unless I need the work. Saturday in the morning before I go to the cafe. Then basically whenever Scott isn't there. The hours aren't super set in stone, obviously."

          "You aren't worried you won't have enough time for other things?" The man looks worried now, which wasn't the reaction Tessa was hoping for.

          "Not really..." Tessa pauses trying to find a way to reassure him. "Deaton is really flexible so that is pretty much why I'm not worried. Now tell me your surprise news that you are crazy happy about."

          "One more thing, how are you gonna get to work?" Dispite her reassurance the man looks even more concerned. "This is more hours than you've had since Stiles got his license...what are you gonna do?"

           Tessa sighs, truth be told this had been worrying her too. Danny could drive her, so could Lydia, but Tessa didn't want to burden them. "Walking is good for me. Stiles can have the Jeep, he loves it more than I do." Tessa stops before she can start overthinking it. "Can I have my surprise now?"

          Blue eyes scan her face, but they don't find any sign of the worry clouding her brain. "Okay, come with me." The smile returns to his face.

          Noah leads his daughter through the house, until they reach the garage. He guides her around the truck and gestures to what looks like a bag of puppy food, then several bowls.