The Tell pt1

Hello!

~~~

    Dad takes a bite of his burger and lets out a satisfied sound. I'm in the backseat of my Dad's cop car eating my dinner with Stiles -who is no longer ignoring me- and my Dad who is happily eating his fast food.

    Dad looks around the car. "Did they forget my curly fries?"

    I'm about to hand them up to him but Stiles stops me.

    "You know, you're not supposed to eat fries. Especially the curly ones." Stiles says.

    Dad scoffs. "I am carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

    I laugh, Stiles doesn't.

    "If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate..." Stiles leans forward. "You. are. wrong."

I laugh again and hand Dad up his curly fries. A voice crackles over the radio.

"Unit one, do you copy?"

Stiles reaches his hand out to grab the radio, Dad slaps his hand away.

"Unite one, copy." Dad says.

    Stiles shoves a handful of curly fries in his mouth.

    "Unit one, we've got a report of a possible 1-8-7"

    I look up in shock. "Murder?!"

~~~

    I'm sitting next to Lydia in the ambulance, rubbing her back as Jackson tries to convince my Dad to let him go home.

    "Why the heck can't I just go home?" Jackson asks. "I'm fine."

    You know, most of the girls in our school would agree, but I just don't see it.

"I hear ya, but the EMT said you hit your head pretty hard, they just want to make sure you don't have a concussion." Dad says calmly.

"What part of "I'm fine" are you having trouble grasping?" Jackson asks. "I want to go home."

I tense at the hostility in his voice, my thought drift to the knife in my boot but that might be a minor overreaction.

"And I understand that-" Dad remains patient.

Jackson cuts him off. "No, you don't understand that, which kind of blows my mind, since it should be a pretty basic concept to grasp for a minimum rage rent a cop like you. Okay, now I want to go home!"

I stand between my Dad and Jackson.

"Back off Jackson." I say, raising my hand slightly. Jackson tries to get by me. "Back. Off."

I'm pretty sure Jackson is about to get into a fight with me but Stiles yells something before that can happen. Sadly.