Wolf's Bane

Wednesday Night

    "Faster?" I ask.

    "Much faster." Stiles and Scott say in unison.

I take a deep breath and try not to have a freak out.

"If I go any faster I'm going to kill us." I say, my voice shaking slightly.

"If you don't go any faster, they are going to kill us!" Stiles gestures to the hunters following us.

I turn the corner and step on the gas. "This is actually kinda fun." I reach over with one hand and turn on the music.

"BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL!" Stiles and Scott yell.

I take both hands of the wheel and raise them in surrender. "Okay, okay!"

"TESSA!" Stiles yells.

This is so much fun.

"Tommy used to work on the docks, union's been on a strike."

    I reach over and turn it up. The boys glare at me from the backseat. "Oh c'mon guys, we're being chased by hunters who want to kill us. The least we could do is have a little fun."

"It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not. We've got each other and that's a lot for love, we'll give it a shot."

    "They're gone." Stiles yells over the load music.

    I feel my phone buzz in back pocket, I turn the music down and hand Stiles my phone.

    "What does the message say?" I ask.

    "Why is your name for Derek, Der-bear?" Scott asks.

    "Cora, Laura and I used to call him that all the time." I explain. "It's funny and he hates it."

    "Well, Der-bear wants you to stop at the abandoned warehouse behind the school."

    I laugh and loop around the block, heading to the warehouse behind the school. I hear my phone start to ring and I reach my hand behind the seat.

"Phone, please." I request.

Stiles presses it into my hand and I hit accept when I see that it's Danny.

    "Danny!!"

    "Hey Tess."

    "Is there a reason for the late night call? Not that I'm not happy to hear from you, but usually your sleeping at this time."

"Lies. You usually fall asleep after you answer."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"No- never mind, can you tell me why called? I'm sorry but I'm kinda busy right now."

"Lydia wanted me to tell you that she's picking your outfit tomorrow."

I roll my eyes. "Seriously?"

"Yep."

"Why couldn't she tell me this?"

"I have absolutely no idea."

"Alright, fine. Sorry Danny but I really have to go now."

"Bye Tessa."

"Bye Danny, see you tomorrow."

I hang up and slip my phone into my back pocket. I look at the clock on the radio, 11:36.