Chapter 2

Timeskip 3 years

Itachi was 8 years old and he was on a mission with his comrades. "Alright, the students in Team 2 consists of Itachi Uchiha, Tenma Izumo, and Shinko Inari. Your sensei/teacher will be Yūki Minazuki. Your mission for today is to rescue a cat. Instructions will be told in more detail by your sensei. Now go!"

Itachi looked over to see a guy who had long green hair. And he also sees someone who has ash grey hair braided into two piggy tails. "Hi, I'm Tenma Izumo, I heard of you before. But don't think you're going to be better than me. I'll work harder than you and beat you! And then I will-... Oww!" As the girl punched him in the skull. "Tenma, he is your comrade, not your enemy! I'm Shinko by the way." She smiled. Itachi didn't know what was going on but he just nodded and smiled.

"Alright team 2, let's go!" As their sensei shouted. They arrived at the location and decided to go inside. " Before you go, wear this." Their teacher handed them headbands that had cat ears attached to them. Itachi frowned but decided to go with it. As they walked inside, there was a fat cat waiting for them. He had long whiskers and sharp teeth. On his left, he had empty bottles and on his right, he had junk wrappers. 

"Well, well, well. If it ain't a bunch of kids huh. You underestimating me hm?" He then stood up and started to run. "Don't let him get away!" As their teacher shouted. Itachi threw knives at the cat but he swiftly dodged them. Then, Tenma decided to climb the pipes and chase after him. "Be careful Tenma, do not fall!" But Tenma was too caught up trying to catch the cat. He then lunged forward trying to grab him. "Gotcha! You see that guys, I caught it!" Tenma chuckled but then he started to lose his balance. He then screamed as he fell. " Heeeeelllllllppppp!"

Itachi saw all this and ran as fast as he could. He then positioned himself to catch Tenma. "Heelllppp, Aaaahhhh-, oh. You caught me." Tenma just jumped off and pouted.

Once they returned the cat to the old lady, their mission was done. But Tenma wasn't too happy. "Hey, Itachi. Just because you saved me doesn't mean you're better than me. One day, I'll be the one to save you!" Tenma stared Itachi dead in the eye. "Tenma! Stop it with your rival thing. He is our comrade. He is our FRIEND." The thought of the word "friend" made Itachi smile. He never really had a "friend" growing up. He was always independent. "Hmph. Just remember, when you're in trouble, I'll be there to save you." Itachi just nodded and smiled. But this time, it was a genuine one.