Chapter 18

Itachi was training like crazy.

He got the news that Shisui has left the village for a group named the Akatsuki. The group had Madara Uchiha. You might ask why he knew this. Well, the Hokage told the anbu this news. He was shocked and all his senses went fucking numb. After Shisui left, he was a whole different person. His heart was hollow. Only Naruto and Sasuke could fill in some parts of his heart with warmth. The rest was gone. What he didn't know was that Danzo had told the Hokage that Shisui had abandoned the leaf village. His whole plan had worked once again.

He knew Shisui was too loyal, too naive. He told Shisui to pursue the Akatsuki so it made everyone hate him. Then, Danzo would somehow convince the leaf to kill him, for being a traitor. He feared Shisui. Shisui was too strong. He thought if he was too close to him, he would get killed. The only one who could defeat Shisui would be Itachi. Hell, Itachi could kill Danzo with one blow. Without Shisui however, his motives and desires are gone. He has lost faith in life. With that, he has killed two birds with one stone. Killing the two prodigies that he feared most, in order to become the Hokage. That was his whole plan along. He knew bringing up Madara would convince Shisui to somewhat join the Akatsuki. He knew Shisui wouldn't know that he was stronger than the Akatsuki and Madara. He just wanted Shisui to look like the villain, and it was working. He was Danzo's little puppet.

Itachi showed lack of emotions, Sasuke and Naruto knew it. They were all depressed as fuck, but they all knew Itachi was suffering the most. Itachi couldn't sleep at night. How could he when shit like this happened?

He cried so much, that there were no tears left to cry anymore. He was training to see Shisui again. He knew Shisui was strong as fuck. Everybody knew. Some were jealous. He had to be strong in order to face him again. 

He was training so much that he didn't realize how powerful he himself had become. Kakashi advised Itachi to become the anbu leader, and Fugaku advised him to take charge of the clan. He declined both. All he wanted was to defeat Shisui. To show him all the pain he caused him. All his heart went through just for him. Itachi showed some emotions before, but now, he showed none. Unless he was in his room alone, crying.

"Itachi, you're already done eating done dinner? You barely ate any." His mother asked.

"I'm quite full actually, thank you though." 

Fukugaku then stood up and put his hand on his son's shoulder. "Well, the good news is that they now know it wasn't us who started the nine tails fox attack."

Itachi smiled at his father. "I'm glad."

Fugaku, satisfied with Itachi's reaction, lets him go.

What he didn't know was that it was a fake smile. No one would have known that except for Shisui. Sure, the clan between the village was settled, but it came at a cost. An expense that Itachi would have never paid for.