Chapter 5

"Oh come on Itachi, why so down?"

Shisui and Itachi were training together prepping for their mission. "I don't know, something has just been bothering me these past few days." Shisui just nodded and smiled. "You know, I'm always here to listen. I would be a bad friend if I didn't know how to cheer you up ya know?"

Itachi just stared. He wondered what Shisui was to him. He was a mentor and a "big brother" to Itachi. But most importantly, he was his friend.

"Ok, so there are three parts to this mission, you ready?" Itachi nodded as he followed Shisui. They ventured out and looked at every detail possible, and started following them. When it was nighttime, Shisui started a campfire and cooked fish.

"Here, have one." He handed it out to Itachi. "Are you sure, the textbook says-" Shisui just giggled. "When they told me I would help you, I really didn't think I could teach you anything. But it seems you still need some learning." Itachi just smiled and ate the fish. "Yeah, it's warm and tasty." As the two ate silently.

"Say, Itachi. What's bothering you? You don't have to tell me of course, but I'm here for you." Itachi heard this and sighed. "Well, you see, what is life?"

"...." Shisui just stared at Itachi, then laughed. "Why are you laughing, I'm serious!" Itachi pouted. Shisui just smiled. "Life is something beautiful. It's where one experiences something that he/she can experience. Nobody else can experience the same joy, sorrow, agony they have. I think that's what makes "Life" special. You can have the freedom to live your own life. You can do whatever you want with it.  You can choose your own path. But I think "love" is the most amazing thing one person can experience in life. Being loved and in love with someone brings us together, and makes us happy in our own way. Even though we all die in the end, the happiness and joy we experience are worth dying for. But one might suffer so much they don't want to live anymore. They suffer so much that they can't even experience joy and happiness. And they don't have all that much time to experience it again. Time is not by our side. One can easily get lost in the path of "Life". But when you hit rock bottom. When you can't go any deeper. The only way to escape is to go up. It creates a path for you to go up again and not get lost. He who climbs the ladder must start at the bottom. I think Life and Death is a great balance, like yin and yang.  Life is just something we can't describe too much in detail, life is something not to be told and written, but to be experienced."

Itachi just looked straight into Shisui's eyes. He had never heard a response so detailed. He wanted to know what was love. He wanted to experience the joy and happiness that Shisui had said. He didn't want to get lost in the path of "Life". He then looked at the stars and stared at them as they beautifully shined in the night sky.

"Arigato...Shisui."