Chapter 7

"Woah, Nii-San, you're already part of the Anbu! Sugoi!"

"Haha, Sasuke, one day you'll be part of the Anbu too. You've grown so much."

Sasuke was delighted to hear this. I mean who wouldn't. His big brother who he looked up to and many others just complimented him. But to his own credit, he has been working hard. Itachi spent time with him to train, and also with Shisui too. Sasuke had lately noticed Itachi and Shisui were hanging out more often, which was a relief to him. Shisui was always nice to him too, but it was good to see Itachi smile.

"Itachi, come with me, we're meeting up for the Uchiha clan meeting." Fugaku stared at Itachi. The air in the room felt intense. Itachi could feel it. Something was wrong, but it was just a hunch. 

As Itachi and Fugaku headed to a room, Sasuke could hear murmurs and mumbles. Even he could sense the intensity in the room.

"Father, you want me to spy on the village? I am sorry, but I don't think I want to do that."

"Itachi, you are such a promising child, and having your position in the Anbu can help us get information about the village. You are such a strong Uchiha with Shisui, with this help, our clan can become greater and expand."

"I still do not understand, why are we going against the village. I had thought we were allies. Not only is the clan my home, but also the village. I can not spy on the village just to "expand" the clan. 

"Itachi, haven't you noticed how the way they are treating us? They've isolated us from the others, thinking we're something dangerous, not to be touched. And for a clan such great as the Uchiha, it is very disrespectful.

 "Father, I don't understand why violence is the only answer. Why can't we compromise peacefully."

"We've tried my son. But they just threw that idea out of the window. This is our only solution. You must come, Itachi. Don't be selfish, do it for me, your mother, Shisui, your little brother, and most of all, the clan. I wish to speak no more."

And with that, Fugaku left Itachi who was fuming. He didn't what this to result in war, because wars traumatized Itachi. The screaming and the pain felt by others as they were covered in blood. He couldn't understand. He didn't want to understand. Why his father was doing this.