Chapter 12

"Hello, Shisui."

What stood in front of Shisui, was the person he hated the most.

"Where's my father?" 

Danzo chuckled. "Don't worry. He's alive. I knew you would come and visit."

Shisui was about to cry. He was about to have a panic attack, but he couldn't break his mask, not in front of Danzo. Never. 

"Please, let me see him," Shisui begged. Oh, how he missed his father. To his surprise, Danzo nodded without questioning. What came after, was a man in a wheelchair, a fragile old man.

"Father..." Shisui quavered.

"Son?" The man replied. He looked at Shisui for a moment, but silence only came afterward.

"It's me, Shisui. Mother and I have been so worried. Please, come back!" Shisui could feel his voice being blocked by the tears that were about to be shed.

"I'm sorry. I don't really know who you are. You look familiar though." The man replied.

Shisui's own world just stopped. A few seconds came after before he looked at Danzo. Danzo had a sympathetic look, while Shisui was about to have a mental breakdown.

He knew, oh he should have known that of course, his father would have forgotten who he was. For not seeing his own son for so many years. For being manipulated into this cruel system. For having a damaged mind. He knew, that his father would slowly drift apart from him. He had only prepared for this single moment, but when it was said from his own father's voice... he couldn't.

"Oh-...." Shisui was about to cry. He couldn't though. He was a grown man. A grown man that would know his father was gone. He needed to handle it like a man. Like a shinobi. That's how everyone expected what Shisui was going to be.

Danzo then took away the man in the wheelchair, as Shisui was stuck in this place. The hideout of the place he hated. He couldn't move his feet or teleport away. It seemed that he was too, trapped in this hell hole.