Chapter 16

"I hate you." With that, Itachi pulled out his kunai and went for Shisui. Shisui dodged and pulled out his kunai. Both have out their Sharingans. Itachi then swung his foot straight toward Shisui's head, only to be blocked by Shisui's hand. The two exchanged blows. Punching and kicking. Until Shisui teleported behind Itachi and stuck his kunai in Itachi's back.

A flock of crows then came, and Itachi appeared behind Shisui. Of course, it was a clone, Shisui thought. Shisui then teleported away just in time to dodge to fireball, only to be met with Itachi's punch right after. 

This continued for a long time. The silence between them. Tension and concentration. Until Shisui used his speed and teleported to each anbu member far ahead and slashed their arm. The incredible speed, skill, and movement drained most of Shisui's chakra, but his plan had worked.

This made Itachi fall back, and take care of the anbu. It was their duty to protect. Itachi clicked his tongue as he saw Shisui run away. Of course, Shisui had done that. His intelligence and speed were unmatched. Kakashi then came along and saw Itachi with the injured men.

"What happened?" 

"Shisui slashed the men, so he could get away."

"Oh. At least we stopped him from causing more damage. I'll help you and take them to the hospital. Go report the Hokage." Kakashi then stopped and looked at Itachi. "I'm sorry Itachi. I really am." 

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." Itachi then turned to the village. He lost. He let Shisui escape, the burning of the village and the damage was still there. Most of all, he let go of the person he loved most. He wasn't fine. Of course, he wasn't.

Shisui. He hates him and loves him.

As Shisui teleported away, tears began to stream down his face. He has to let go. He has to let go of Itachi, Naruto, and Sasuke. He has to let them hate him. He has to walk alone in the darkness forever from now on.