12

Jimin stands awkwardly in the doorway while Jungkook talks to the authorities. "We don't have our security system set up yet. When we moved in, there was an issue with the cameras and a repair guy is coming tomorrow to fix them."

The police officer writes down every detail. "Unfortunately it doesn't look like we'll be able to do much in terms of finding who it was. I guess we'll just have to see if anything else happens in the future."

Jungkook looks over his shoulder and sees Jimin looking at him with worried eyes. He turns back to the cop. "What do you suggest we do in the meantime?"

"I would saw lock all of your doors and windows and spend today and tonight in a hotel."

Jungkook nods. "I'll definitely have to take your advice. Thanks for your help." The cop gives him a small nod and walks back to his patrol car.

Jimin gulps. "So... We're going to a hotel for a bit?"

"We probably should. I don't want to risk anything bad happening to you."

Jimin walks up and rubs his shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly. "At least we're getting our cameras fixed soon."

Jungkook pulls him into a hug and Jimin feels how tense he is. "Are you still gonna fight me about the gate now?"

Jimin giggles. "Hell no. We're getting a gate."

"Thank God." He gives him a quick kiss. "I'll call the Hotel Bel-Air in Malibu."

Jimin rolls his eyes. "Of course you're using this an an excuse to spend $800 on a hotel room."

Jungkook chuckles and kisses him again. "Let's pack enough clothes for a day. Maybe we can go to a diner by the beach tonight too. Let's make light of this situation."

"You really use anything as an excuse to spend money. I'm worried for you."

-