10

Flashback: 4 years and 5 months prior...

Jimin walks into Jungkook's apartment building with wide eyes. He's avoided seeing Jungkook's penthouse for the time that they've been dating, and he's debating whether or not he should go through with it now.

The lobby of the apartment building is a sight to see. There's massive chandeliers hanging from the ceiling that cost more than anything Jimin could ever fathom owning. He almost feels anxious walking on the exquisite marble floors.

He stands on a carpeted area while waiting for Jungkook to meet him. His legs are sore from walking over 5 blocks (he doesn't have enough money to pay for gas), but the sofas are too fancy for him to feel comfortable sitting on.

He stares around in a trance before a hand on his shoulder brings him back to reality. "Hey babe." Jimin turns around and sees Jungkook. "This is insane..."

Jungkook chuckles. "I can't believe I finally convinced you to come here. Usually the people I date are eager to see where I live."

Jimin giggles softly. "I just don't feel like I fit in here, to be honest..."

Jungkook manages to coax him into the elevator and holds his hand on the ascent to the top floor. "You're shaking. What's wrong?"

Jimin wipes sweat off of his forehead. "Nothing. I'm just a bit intimidated..." The elevator dings and Jimin's heart stops. They're at the floor.

Jimin prepares himself for a long hallways, but the door opens into a living room. An enormous living room with a wall made of entirely glass—a window with a view of downtown LA.

"Jungkook, don't tell me you live here. Please tell me this is a joke." He barely manages to step out of the elevator before it closes on him. "What the hell is this?!"

Jungkook beams. "Isn't it nice?"

Jimin opens his mouth but no words come out. He's almost terrified by how expensive the penthouse looks. At one point, he feels a tear forming in his eye.

The disconnect between him and Jungkook feels even larger. They're not meant to be together. It's quite obvious.

Jungkook laces their fingers together. "Let me show you around."

They walk together through the penthouse, Jimin in a constant state of shock with a hint of disbelief and sadness. "You live here alone?"

Jungkook nods and turns to looks at him. "It's lonely. That's kind of the reason i brought you here... Is there any way you'd be willing to move in with—"

"No. I-I couldn't. This place is too fancy for me and I'm scared to even touch anything, much less live here. I'm sorry... I really do enjoy dating you and you're really sweet, but maybe living with each other is too much. Here, at least..."

Jungkook's face falls. "Oh..."

Jimin gulps. "It's nothing against you. I just feel uncomfortable when I'm surrounded by expensive things..."

"Stay the night. I promise it's not as scary as it seems..."

Jimin looks around and sighs. "I don't know... What if I break something?"

Jungkook chuckles. "You won't break anything. You'll be fine..." He gives him a kiss. "I also just really want you to sleep over. We've been dating for 7 month and haven't slept in the same bed yet."

Jimin rolls his eyes. "So you're just needy?"

Jungkook leans down and mumbles against his lips. "Just a little bit..." Jimin melts into the kiss. "Fine. I'll stay, but only for 1 night."

-