5

Holly has a cute southern accent btw

-

Jimin is sectioning out the cookie dough the next day when their doorbell rings. He wipes his hands off and goes to check. It's someone he's never seen before. She's a middle aged black woman wearing a lovely pink Chanel dress.

He opens the door a little bit. "Can I help you?"

She smiles. "Hi. My name is Holly. I live right next to you and I just wanted to come and introduce myself."

Jimin smiles back. "I'm Jimin. My husband isn't here right now, but I'll let him know you stopped by."

"If you guys are ever free for dinner, send me a text. I'd love to have you guys over and get to know you better."

"Of course. That sound wonderful. What kind of wine do you like? We wouldn't show up empty handed."

"All wine is wonderful. I trust your opinion."

Jimin laughs lightly. "Well, it was wonderful meeting you. I have some cookies I need to get back to, but I'll definitely be in touch."

"It was nice meeting you too."

"Bye!"

"Goodbye, sugar."

Jimin closes the door and goes back to the kitchen. He puts the tray in the oven and sits down to relax. He sees an 'I miss you :(' text from Jungkook and responds with a heart emoji.

He sets the TV up on the living room and watches some news. It isn't interesting, but he tries to keep up with what's going on in the world so he can have informed conversations with Jungkook's high-class friends.

It's hard being upper class when you weren't born into it. Jimin grew up in a small 1-story house in a run down suburban town for the first part of his life. It was merely a coincidence that he ran into Kook.

He was a waiter at a fancy restaurant and just so happened to serve a table of Jungkook and a few of his snobby rich friends. Jungkook asked for his number and he gave it to him.

When Jungkook's family and friends found out he was dating someone from the lower middle class, they weren't happy. They were harsh and condescending towards him.

It took awhile to prove himself, but he managed impress them enough with his intellect. They eventually stopped bothering him, but they still don't see him as an equal.

Especially Jungkook's parents.

Holiday dinners are nightmares. They treat Jimin like he's their Butler and tell him to bring water for everyone. They rarely include him in conversations, and when they do, they interrupt him.

Jungkook has pleaded with Jimin to let him talk to them about it, but Jimin refuses. He's strong enough to bear it. Besides, Jungkook complaining would probably make it worse.

Time flies by fast and he snaps out of his trance when the oven dings. He takes the cookies out and lets them cool for a minute before packing them up.

He grabs his house key before leaving and locks the door behind him. He walks down the long driveway and across the street to Sheila's house.

-