32

Jungkook wakes up around 11AM to the soft sound of water splashing. "Babe?" There's no response, so he wakes up instantly. "Babe?!"

He gets out of the bed and rushes over to the bathroom, opening the door. It's empty. "Jimin? Where are you?"

He walks back out into the main room and sees the curtain in front of the blacony door flowing with the breeze. He calms down a little bit and walks out.

Jimin is in the hot tub asleep. Jungkook let's out a sigh of relief and kneels down, shaking him awake. "Hey... Good morning."

Jimin stretches and opens one eye. "Mmm... Was I sleeping?"

"Yeah. You scared the shit out of me."

He giggles. "Sorry. How about you come in and join me?"

"I didn't bring a swimsuit."

Jimin runs a hand through his hair and tilts his head back, turning to look at him with hooded eyes. "Neither did I."

Jungkook's pupils dilate. "Are you..." He glances down and chuckles.

Jimin presses his chest against the side of the hot tub and pulls him down into a kiss. "You should really join me."

"I might have to. Do you want me to get you a coffee or anything?"

"Breakfast can wait. Get in here."

Jungkook takes his clothes off and steps in. Jimin slides into his lap and relaxes. "You know, I've been thinking..."

"About what?"

He giggles again. "You sound nervous."

"Seeing everything that's been going on lately, am I wrong to assume the worst?"

Jimin wiggles to get more comfortable and closes his eyes. "I guess not. Anyways, as I was saying, I've been thinking about our way of life—"

"Jimin, please don't ruin our morning. I've heard it a million times before."

"Let me finish. You always talk about how you earned it. I agree. You did. I just thought I never did. I didn't earn this money myself. I just fell in love and got lucky."

"Ji—"

Jimin sighs. "I'm not done. I thought about it more. All I've done in my life. The poverty, the dead end jobs, the 80 hour weeks... And I do deserve this. I shouldn't be mad about what I've been given."

Jungkook kisses his cheek. "You finally understand what I've been trying to tell you all these years."

"I thought you'd enjoy that. Just a little early morning treat."

"Is that the only treat I'm getting?"

Jimin gives him a gentle kiss. "I'd say no, but we've been so active recently. Let's give our bodies a break."

"We've always been active. Do you not remember the first week you moved in with me?"

Jimin blushes. "We might've gone overboard."

"Might've? I fucked you on the balcony, in the sauna, the bed, the bath tub, the shower, the kitchen, the living room, the entryway, the backseat of my Berlinetta. All in one day."

"I mean, can you blame us? I might just be speaking for myself when I say I've never had sex that mind-blowing and intimate."

"I can easily say the same."

Jimin melts into Jungkook's touch. "I feel so different from you but I don't think I've ever been able to deny the connection we have. I don't even know how to describe it."

Jungkook slips his hand between Jimin's legs, smiling at the way he shudders. "You know... Experts say sex is a great way to explore a connection."

Jimin pushes his hand away and frowns. "Can we talk for just a second without the topic of sex coming up?"

Jungkook nods and gives Jimin a kiss on the neck before removing him from his lap. "Anything for you, love."

Jimin bows his head. "I'm scared for us, babe. I really am. The fighting... It makes me scared for our future."

"Don't think that way. Some conflict is healthy."

"But the conflict we've been having isn't healthy. I know we both agreed to see a relationship counselor, which is kind of comforting, but it's not getting rid of my fear."

Jungkook listens intently and plays with Jimins hair, his eyes not leaving Jimin's face for even a second. "Your fear of what?"

"Of losing you... Of you getting fed up with me finally and finding someone better."

"You want to know something that has always astounded me? Your lack of confidence."

"I don't lack confidence. I know I look good—"

"I'm not talking about superficial confidence. I mean internal. Sometimes it feels like you think I married you to just have this pretty little trophy husband, but that's not true. Yes, your looks caught my attention at first, but I stuck around because of what was on the inside."

Jimin rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "But I am a good trophy husband..."

"You are the kindest, smartest, most generous trophy husband I've ever met." He gives him a kiss on the cheek. "Let's go back inside and get some coffee."

-