17

Jimin sits in the passenger seat with his arms crossed. Jungkook opens the door and steps aside to let him get out. Jimin blinks and sighs, looking away from him.

"Jimin, get out of the car."

"Can you just give me a moment to prepare for the numerous hate crimes that are going to be committed against me? Jesus Christ..."

Jungkook huffs. "My mom made dinner. She said she's excited to see us. Who knows? Maybe they changed since the last time we saw them."

"Respectfully, I highly fucking doubt that. Your parents are incapable of change."

"Okay, can you cut it out? I know they're rude, but they're my family. They raised me. You have to at least respect them for that."

Jimin scoffs and turns towards him with an incredulous look on his face. "First of all, I don't have to respect anyone who's been consistently rude to me."

Jungkook opens his mouth to fire back, but Jimin silences him by holding up a finger.

"Second of all, I've spent years trying to undo half of the shit they taught you while 'raising' you. The only substantial thing they taught you was table manners."

"I wouldn't be as successful as I am today if it weren't for my parents."

"That means nothing to me. I would've dated you if you were dirt poor. Honestly, sometimes I wish you were so you wouldn't act like a stuck up brat all the time."

Jungkook bites his tongue and looks at the ground. "The whole ride here, I was preparing myself to be berated by my parents. I didn't expect you to insult me too."

"I'm not insulting you. I'm trying to give you a reality check."

"They offered us a place to stay. Are you not thankful for that?"

Jimin rolls his eyes and gets out of the car. "I'm only here because you want me to be here. Let's just get this over with..."

Jungkook closes the car door and locks it. "Try to at least be nice."

"I've never been anything but nice to your parents. You should be telling them to be nice."

They reach the front door and stand there. Jungkook motions to the door. "Just walk in."

"This isn't my parents' mansion. You walk in."

Jungkook curses under his breath and walks in. Jimin follows behind him reluctantly. They make their way towards the kitchen and Jimin feels his chest tighten.

An immaculately dressed woman appears in on of the many entryways. "Ah, my darling son is back to visit." She walks up with her arms outstretched and gives him a hug. "How have you been?"

Jungkook looks back at Jimin. "We've been better. This whole intruder situation is stressing us out."

"I'm sure that's very scary for you. Melinda said dinner will be done in a few minutes and your father is finishing up some business in his office. In the meantime, we can sit down in the living room and talk."

Jungkook smiles. "Of course."

They start walking to the living room, Jimin lagging a few steps behind them. It's been under a minute and she's already excluding him.

They sit on the couch and Jungkook's mom let's out a sigh of relief. "So, tell me more about this intruder."

Jungkook looks at Jimin to prompt him to say something, but he looks away. Jungkook frowns before turning back to his mom. "We don't know who the intruder is... The security cameras weren't up yet."