18

They walk out of the bathroom, Jimin holding Jungkook's hand in a vice grip. "This dinner better not go like the one where they met me."

"They better not pull that shit again..."

Flashback: 4 years prior...

"Are you nervous, babe?"

Jimin wipes the sweat off of his forehead. "Based on everything you've said about your parents, they're gonna hate me. Of course I'm nervous."

"Have some hope. Maybe they'll love you." He opens the door and they walk inside.

A lady in her mid 40s wearing a green chanel tweed dress walks up. "Hello my darling. So excited you could come over for dinner."

Jimin takes in the sight of her. Perfect skin, hair in immaculate updo with not a single strand misplaced, and makeup so flawless it doesn't even look like makeup. Basically, Jimin's worst nightmare.

Jungkook squeezes Jimin's hand. "Mom, this is my boyfriend Jimin."

She looks him up and down. "A friend from college?"

Jungkook's smile falters momentarily. "No, not a friend. He's my boyfriend. We're dating."

She turns to Jimin and sighs. "Very well, then. Did you meet Jungkook at Stanford?"

"Uh, no ma'am."

There's a moment of silence and she clears her throat. "I'm sorry, I have heard someone utter the word 'uh' in years. Where did you meet, then?"

Jimin gulps. "We met at my job."

She takes a step closer to him. "And where do you work? Is he your boss? Jungkook, you know how bad it looks to be dating a low level associate—"

Jimin interrupts. "Saddle ranch, ma'am. I was his waiter at Saddle ranch."

She turns to Jungkook with wide eyes. "Well, that's a shock. What happened to that lovely young lady we introduced you to? Just didn't catch your eye?"

Jungkook looks at Jimin with sympathetic eyes, but Jimin is standing his ground. "Mom, I'm not interested in women."

"Well then you haven't met the right one yet. We actually have a guest for dinner tonight."

Jungkook's heart drops. "Mom... Jimin is here."

Jimin blinks a few times. "A guest? Jungkook, what is she talking about?"

"Probably some girl with a trust fund..."

"Oh..." Jimin pulls his hand away but Jungkook grabs it again.

Jungkook's mom looks satisfied with Jimin's reaction. "It's nothing personal. Jungkook knows he has to settle down with someone of the same social ranking. You two can have your fun until he finds 'the one'."

Jungkook opens his mouth to yell, but Jimin digs his nails into his hand. "Stop, it's not worth it."

Jungkook looks at him with wide eyes. "But—"

"It's fine." He looks back at Mrs. Jeon and stares into her eyes. "I didn't expect any better."

They look at each other for a moment before she smirks, rubbing Jungkook's shoulder. "You need to teach your housekeeper some manners."

A younger woman in a high-end minidress and Louboutins walks into the foyer. "Hello. I'm Josie." She holds her hand out, waiting for Jungkook to shake it.

Jimin pulls his hand away and nudges him. Jungkook hesitates before shaking her hand. "Jungkook. Nice to meet you."

She smiles. "I've heard a lot about you. Your mom has been raving about your business."

Jimin averts his eyes and looks around the house, taking it all in. It's overly luxurious. Lots of gold and crystal.

He regains his focus when Jungkook starts talking.

"I'm sorry, do I know you from somewhere? You look so familiar..."

She shrugs slightly. "Maybe. I walked for Pink in the Victoria's Secret fashion show in 2018."

Jungkook's slowly turns to his mom. "A Victoria's Secret model?"

"She's a lovely young lady. You've always liked blondes."

Jimin tries to zone out again, but Josie motions towards him. "Is this your assistant?"

Jungkook clenches his jaw. "No, this is my boyfriend."

Josie immediately backs off, looking at Mrs. Jeon with a confused expression. "I hadn't heard anything about a boyfriend."

Jungkook glances at his mom. "She has a tendency to leave out important details."

-