15

Jimin stares out the window almost the whole way home. Jungkook glances at him every once and awhile to check on him.

He reaches over and grabs Jimin's hand. "Babe, just try to think about something else. I hate seeing you like this."

"I'm sorry. Hey, can we get window and door sensors that ring everytime one of them opens? I'd feel a lot more comfortable with those..."

"Of course. I'll call the home security company right when we get home."

"And can we get more heavy duty locks for all of the doors?"

"I'll get anything you want me to get. Your comfort and safety are my #1 priority." He gives Jimin's hand a reassuring squeeze.

Jimin grins and relaxes a little. "Okay. I feel a bit better now."

"I'm glad. Do you want to rent another house while they install everything?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"I'll be fine. I'm just on edge."

"My parents live 30 minutes away. They'd be more than happy for us to stay with them."

Jimin side eyes him. "Funny. You know they don't like me..."

"It's not you. They're just struggling to come to terms with the fact that I'm gay."

"They're extremely homophobic. For fucks sake, they tried to set me up with your cousin Olivia before our wedding ceremony."

Jungkook sighs. "I know... At least my mom apologized for it."

"Because you made her. It doesn't mean anything if the apology was forced. And besides, I'm more uncomfortable with the thought of staying with them than I am the thought of our house being broken into."

-