The night has just begun

'family' isn't definded by only last names and blood. It's definded by love and commitment. It means showing up when you need them the most. It means having each other's backs.it means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other
-DaveWillis.org•

When the sun went down people started to get up and start talking.
I sat with them and then Seth turned on some music loudly.
My eyes widen in excitement and look at paul smiling hugely.

He laughs and takes off his shirt and gave it to me to cover up with.
I drop my towel quickly and scrambled to pull over his shirt.

It smells like him.
Rustic medal and the forest. I hug myself with the shirt and start dancing with the pack.
Sam stayed with Emily and slow danced off beat to the bounces speaker.

I jump onto Leah's back and she kept on dancing without giving a care.
I hug her with my dominant arm and the other is in the air.

I jump from her back when the song changes to
The Macarena.
The pack dances together. Me and leah stand back to back letting our hips move together and our shoulders do the same.
When we turn we turn towards each other singing along and smiling.

Seth joins us in a 3 circle.
Paul seems jealous of Seth so I wave him over to join.

He bolts over and stands shoulder to shoulder to me dancing along.
I felt someone hold my hips lightly.
I look behind me to see embry smiling.
I smile back and continue dancing with Leah.

It wasn't a big deal to me. But to Paul it was.
He growled harshly at him making him back away. I shrug it off and when the song ends a different song comes on defuses the tension.

That night when Paul was driving me home I was tired from running and dancing all day but was still jumpy.

He had to turn off the music to hear everything I had to say.

When I got home I walked to the door sad that the day was over and opened the door and motioned for The tall man to follow into my home.

He hesitated but strides to the door.
"Hey daddy?"
I yell loudly hopping he would hear me.
"HEY BABY"
He yells back from the couch.

I run over and wrap my arms around his neck lightly and kiss him on the cheek in a family manner.

He doesn't take his eyes off the football game when Paul walks in and laces our hands together behind the couch out of focus.

Then father suddenly gets  a call.
Who would be calling him at this hour
He answers with his eyes still glued to the screen.

With me and Paul's 'super' hearing we here Leah in the other line saying

"Could Mackenzie stay tonight I need help with my history homework"
I smile to myself knowing that was a complete lie down to the bone.

Paul chuckles to himself quietly and my father thinks about it for a second before pauses the recorded game and shifting his body quickly to me and getting startled from Paul's presence.

I laugh and say
"Oh yeah I forgot yeah Paul is here"
They shack hands firmly in a greeting. And stands up to intimidate Paul.

My father is a very well built guy.
He is a body builder and is 6'1ft.
Paul has more muscle mass due to ya know being a werewolf but he is 1 inch short standing at 6'0ft.

He pushes the phone back to his ear and says
"Sure course anytime..."
"Leah"
"Course Leah she will go get her things right now"

I smile and get on my toes and kiss him lightly on the cheek before I'm sprinting up the stairs with Paul in my heels.