Ruby

I don't have a moment to lose. I sprint as fast as my new speed and legs can carry me. Within the second I stand before the large throne room doors.

Instantly, I knock and make the noise bounce off of the walls loudly. Guards open the door for me and hesitate to invite me in but Aro, in a calm manner demands for me to enter. He smiles and walks down the steps with his arms out almost like he wanted to hug. I walk up and stand within a foot.

"I know, I know what it is" he laughs and his eyes are bright red with interest and satisfied hunger.
"Well what is it my dear?" I felt like I was on trial. For a crime I didn't know I committed which makes me nervous. But I'm just as strong as him now.
"The stars, my power never came from my family, it came from the stars. And now that I don't need to sleep, and don't have my human blood, I lost all of my gifted power but I know what I do have" Aros eyebrows raise and his brothers behind me chuckle. He turns and holds his hand up.

"Listen to her my brothers she is bright, let us hear her out" I tuck a curl behind my ear again and shift from one foot to another. "I have the power of the stars, and I can use it" he nods and scans my body. Looking for a change or something to prove.
"What can you use it for my love?" I pause, I actually don't know, but I ran all the way here so I need to either make something up or figure it out fast. I can tell he noticed my confusion because he nods and turns on his heels back to his throne and beckons for a guard to hand him his book back that he was reading.

"Wait!" He turns and looks surprised at my outburst.
"Oh- I'm sorry um no. I know what it is" he doesn't move and react. "I just" I start to panic and fiddle with my hands. "I need to show you, outside. I can't explain in here" aro nods and the guards stand up, including the blonde twins as basically the whole vampire royalty is guiding me to the backyard which is beautiful. It has a beautiful well taken care of garden and flowers with fountains and statues. The moon light beautifully reflects off of every eons glowing white skin.

They stand in a circle around me. I wonder if they do this for every new vampire. In the circle I notice Carlisle is standing next to aro himself. He doesn't seem the least bit worried, in fact he seems proud.
I have no idea what I'm doing and everyone's full attention is on me. Just as I was about to shit myself I feel the lady from ealiers presence beside me. The avoid looking crazy I don't look at her, but the idea of knowing that she is there in case I mess up, helps.

The night is at its darkest point. The stars are at their brightest and strongest. I once again imagine their light and power seeping into my once blood stream and now power. My muslces feel stronger and my eyes close. I can't focus when so many pairs of eyes are glued onto me. My eyes feel colder like a freezing liquid was poured into them. I open them and I now feel like I have full control over not only every muscle and atom in my body but the world.

Something in me told me to walk over to the man in the corner. I touch his chest and he drops. Dead at my feet. Omg. My heart stops as if it was started and I gasp. My power drops and I'm just the same as I was 3 minutes ago. I look at everyone's face. Waiting to be killed, to be restrained or tortured, or for people to rush over to see if he is ok, but no one moves, rather than everyone just smiles, but Aros grin was the biggest.

"Well that proves something" the blonde that sits at the throne next to aro says. Carlisle looked more than horrorfied. The only person who approached me is aro. I start dry crying. "I'm so sorry aro I didn't mean-" "shhhh my dear" without fear he wraps his arms around me and holds my face into his neck. Im terrified that he will twist my head off but in a way, the gesture is comforting.

"It's ok princess" I sob into his shoulder and look down at the body that is being lit on fire. Aro pulls away with his hand still resting on the back of my head. "Now I will offer you a choice" his hand tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. The same way I always do. He must have noticed it every-time. I nod softly and avoid looking at the half burnt body.
"You could join the volturi along side me, and rule over the vampire kingdom with infinite wealth and fame. You will be loved and feared by millions and dressed in the finest clothing and fed only the juiciest meat" his fangs gleam in the moonlight.

I glance at Carlisle over Aros shoulder but aro tips my chin back over to him. "It's your choice not his" I can't. I shake my head. "No I can't, I have a family" aro nods and grinds his teeth a bit.
"Then shall be it, you will go back home but the offer will remain if you ever decide that it's best and if you ever need help just give us a call" he steps away from me and walks back into the building and the whole counsel follow along like minions.
Which left me with Carlisle. In a second he speeds over and stands infront of me. I hesitate as he towers over me and embraces me.

I look down at my hands and notice that a ring appears on my finger. It's gold with a ruby. What...? I stare at it but look away quick enough so Carlisle won't notice. "Are you okay?" He asks. His eyes are soft yet hold a small amount of fear.
"I want to go home" I mumble like a child into his shoulder. He lifts me up and Carrie's me into the car. And if I could fall asleep I would. But in that moment all I wanted was answers, and to be held by Paul again and to know he doesn't hate me for what I did.