Little women

Nibbling in the popcorn I sit with Alice on her floor going through teen girl magazines and cute out random letters to spell out names and pictures that represent us or what we want.

A scary movie plays on the TV while my eyelids become heavier and heavier. The living room windows are dark with the outside night and I cover my mouth as I yawn. But Alice looks more awake than ever cutting out a gorgeous woman from a commercial for some kind of hand soap.

I bob my head to avoid sleeping but Alice looks up and stops humming. She puts down her glue stick and smiles. "It's okay, go to sleep"
I don't remember anything else so I fell asleep.

Waking up I look around and feel a small cold hand on my shoulder. I jump from the cold and look up to Alice reading Dracula on her lap.
"Morning!" I squint my eyes from the bright windows and groan stretching my arms over and behind my head. "Morning" she slams her book tight and I jump and she mouths 'sorry' and jumps up.
"Esme made you breakfast!" I look at her and brush my fingers through my tangled rats nest of hair.
"Aww, she didn't have to" I say looking into her vanity mirror. "She wanted to" looking at my morning face I grimce and push my cheeks up with my hands and adjust my shirt because it was sideways.

I suddenly remember my phone and the pack wanting updates. I run to my bag and snatch it from the pile of clothes. So many texts and calls were ignored. Alice swing on the door frame and hung onto it. "Come onnnn Let's have fun" I smile at her and shake my phone. "I need to call my dad" she smiles and hops down the stairs and tells me she will see me there. I read all the texts and threats to come and get me and death threats for the cullens are spammed.

"Im okay, I can't call they will hear, I am staying all day. Don't send the police, Keep eyes on Bella while I'm gone"

Paul reads my message and doesn't respond.
Throwing the phone onto my bed I jog down the stairs and organize my hair as I look up from the steps into the kitchen where esme stands in front of a tall stack of pancakes as orange juice.
"Morning love bug"
I wave and sit. Starting at her I notice no ring on her finger. I chew slowly and look from her ring to her smirking face. "Your not married?" I ask after swallowing a 'unladylike' bite of food.

She looks up quickly and down at her hand like this is new news to her. "Oh! No, just a close friend" I nod and finish the food with enough time to do my dishes before having to find were Alice ran off to. As I place the glass carefully into the sink I feel a cold hand on my shoulder. Esme smiles and bumps my hip moving me out of the way.
"I got it sweetie" I nod and smile tucking my hands into my back pockets.and looking around for something to do, when a blonde runs up to me startling me. I hold my heart like it was going to jump out and look at jasper.

"Uh hello?!" He smirks and apologizes in his southern accent. "I just felt your nerves from across the house, Alice is in the living room with Carlisle" I nod and he motions for me to follow him there. Sitting down in the floor is Alice with her legs curled to her chest and Carlisle man spreading on the couch with his arm on the side. He motions for me to sit but I panic. Do I sit on the floor next to Alice or near Carlisle and make it weird. Jasper feels my confusion and pushes my back to sit next to carlise. I pretend to be calm with cross my legs but to be honest. I can feel my food coming up. But I swallow it and look at what they are doing. Carlisle is reading and Alice is watching the news. I lean over to see what carlsile is reading but i fall and he catches me when I'm near inches from his lap.

"Im reading little women" I smile and he motions for me to move closer to him. I do and he takes his around down and flips back to the first page. But he was almost done. "We can read it together" and he reads around every word. Perfectly, and it's almost like he knew the book word for word because he had enough time to almost stare at me throughout it. But im not going to lie, I liked it, I didn't pay any attention to the book I near starred through the pages using my perpetual vision to watch is eyes scan mine. I make slight subconscious movements to grab his attention, twirl my hair or rub my knees together. And then soon I realize his eyes got back and he seems warm. He puts his hand over my shoulder almost subconsciously and I scoot closer to where my hand is touching his thigh.

He doesn't move. He just spreads his legs more and covers my hand with his leg.